Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people will be going to hear IM, TNOTB, RTTH, HBTN, Trooper, Revelations, FOI, Aces High, 2MTM, Rime (pretty much the only famous long song other than Hallowed), Wasted Years, CIPWM?, TETMD, BYDTTS, FOTD. Even many of those more versed in Maiden either won’t know or be that bothered about ATG. Sure, it’s not as bad as the casual Metallica audience but Maiden don’t have a predominantly obsessive fanbase like prog bands tend to have.

Let's be honest. There is only one way to cause REAL social media madness. To start off with Alexander the Great. Imagine the show starting with the first part of the song recorded (playback), and the band coming in live for the main riff, just as they have done with Aces High. Just the first lyrics alone, "My son ask for thyself another Kingdom...", will create chaos....
I don't know if you are serious or not, but the band might think other songs can create social media madness. Don't expect Alexander the Great.

A lot of people will be going to hear IM, TNOTB, RTTH, HBTN, Trooper, Revelations, FOI, Aces High, 2MTM, Rime (pretty much the only famous long song other than Hallowed), Wasted Years, CIPWM?, TETMD, BYDTTS, FOTD. Even many of those more versed in Maiden either won’t know or be that bothered about ATG. Sure, it’s not as bad as the casual Metallica audience but Maiden don’t have a predominantly obsessive fanbase like prog bands tend to have.
They will get their minds changed with the performance the band will put on and scramble home to find out what song that was.

They played SOTC (even less popular than Alex) on BNW tour, so anything is possible.

I don't know if you are serious or not, but the band might think other songs can create social media madness. Don't expect Alexander the Great.
Of course they might think other songs can create social media madness (and there are many of them) but that's just my opinion. I think Alexander would be so awesome as an opener. It would be the most unexpected song to hear as an opener....

I really wouldn't know which.

Perhaps To Tame a Land only. Or Infinite Dreams and Empire of the Clouds. ;)

For us, ATG is the song that will cause social media madness. For Iron Maiden though, it could be Flight Of Icarus or even Stranger In A Strange Land...

I really think they mean Flight of Icarus. That song was a bit of a hit for them and hasn’t been performed live since the 80s. They are probably expecting a reaction akin to playing Run To the Hills for the first time in 30 years. ATG, on the other hand, is a relative obscure track that only hardcore fans are clamoring for.

Not to mention that to many fans the song is not even that special to begin with.

Would it be nice if the played it? Sure it will, but I'd rather see many other songs from the 80s or the 00s played instead.

I really think they mean Flight of Icarus. That song was a bit of a hit for them and hasn’t been performed live since the 80s. They are probably expecting a reaction akin to playing Run To the Hills for the first time in 30 years. ATG, on the other hand, is a relative obscure track that only hardcore fans are clamoring for.
I doubt if most Maiden fans (hardcore or not) would rank Icarus above Alexander. I'd say it is probably the other way around.

Would it be nice if the played it? Sure it will, but I'd rather see many other songs from the 80s or the 00s played instead.
Me too. For example Infinite Dreams. Alexander the Great seems become a better and more popular song every tour they don't play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back