Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

Realistically speaking - for the Powerslave anniversary, songs like 2 minutes to midnight/revelations, aces high, powerslave or rime are pretty much a given. These are songs that most concert goers know. There are two questions:
- which of these songs will not cause Nicko any problems throughout the tour.
- which songs to add to the setlist to make it surprising/engaging for the fans.
1- only 2 Minutes and Revelations, I guess. Maybe Powersalve too. 2- Infinite Dreams, To Tame A Land, Only The Good Die Young... Bruce always speaks highly of the Killers album and said recently that there are many songs he likes to play live from the ones that have never been played, like Nicko said about more deep cuts in the future.

Rime is certain imo. The longer songs for the tour could be: Rime, Seventh Son and To Tame A Land. Imagine! Like the longer songs for the current tour. They're all old songs, but it wouldn't be that big of a surprise for all three to be featured in the same set. Ok, at least two of them. Including Infinite Dreams, why not.

One song I expect to be played is Brave New World (ofc I would also like a deep cut from this album).
However, due to the anniversary and potential challenge for Nicko on this tour, I don't expect too many surprises. IMO, I'd rather they play songs that sound good and don't burden Nicko too much than songs that will surprise me as a fan but will fall apart due to various problems.
Ofc this will be a factor, but I think the band will want to make the setlist even more interesting than the current TFP one (at least probably 3/4 surprises), including ofc playing some/most of the usual classics like Number, 2 Minutes or Wrathchild, and especially because the set this year won't be changed.
as some other(s) have suggested, I think they might, in a way, rehash the LOTB stage set concept of the "worlds" in slightly different, era-driven format:
They could use LOTB formula with the worlds, but I think they'd be with themes again, not from albums (PS, 7thSon, BNW) - because they might play some songs from other albums that fit those albums and scenery, but the stage sets will be repeated, again. No chance. I doubt they would use the LOTB formula, but who knows. As always, the band will find a way to make something special, especially for this big big(!) anniv.
As for setlist, I'd say LOTB set(s) are rather good indicator of the most likely "era spread"; majority of the setlist will be from the golden years, with some very welcome returning show centerpieces in the vein of Powerslave and Rime of the Ancient Mariner. 2 Minutes to Midnight might make its return as well and I'd expect slightly heavier Seventh Son coverage than on the previous tours. I'd also guess that something like Flight of Icarus and/or Phantom of the Opera have a solid chance to reappear. Given the heavy Senjutsu coverage of late, I think that any "modern" stuff will be 1-2 songs of the already-classics from Brave New World and/or Dance of Death. In other words, I doubt that any 2010-2021 stuff will be played, unless The Writing on the Wall becomes a semi staple (which I wouldn't mind)! As for 90's, I wouldn't rule out one slight surprise in the vein of Afraid to Shoot Strangers to make it. The Clansman would be most obvious, but assuming there will be a handful of more "epic" tracks already, I think they might go with a somewhat lighter cut. I'm always down for more Sign of the Cross, but I doubt it'd be featured, especially if Rime and possibly some other 80's show centerpiece will be there. Futureal was in the speculation for the Future Past tour and while that has absolutely nothing to do with whatever they'll come up with for 2025, I think its odds have somewhat improved if they want to go with a fast-paced, classics-esque opener that is relatively merciful for Nicko. So, given that they'll most likely play 15 songs and Fear of the Dark & Iron Maiden are cemented in any case, I think it's very likely that we'll get some very, very pleasant inclusions and a few "they missed that chance again..." instances. Nothing is perfect etc. ;)
Well said.
And remember, 2025 is also a TXF anniversary. I wouldn't put it past Steve to revive some of that material. LOTF would be nice.
Why not, Lord Of The Flies is an easy song and would fit for a 50th anniv tour.
My point was that I don't see Maiden focusing a 50th Anniversary Tour around a specific album or two.
It has to be about this. Another powerslave themed tour does not make any sense.
I still say a fiftieth anniversary setlist should be just as fresh and exciting as what they've been doing recently
An entire set which is just the exact same classics (we normally get like trooper, notb etc) and no new additions apart from replaying the powerslave album again would be disappointing.
This.
I always think their live peak was reunion era in the 2000s
Agreed.

Yeah I couldn't really see a point in the Powerslave / LAD theme again either but felt compelled to give my 50 cents on the topic as heated discussion on the two aforementioned albums took place. Not my idea.

All career representing setlist would make the most sense, doing so from the start, and emphasize on the meaning of ALL career. Including not neglecting the 90s material. Lots of great stuff in the shadow of FOTD.

New interview with Steve. Basically confirmed the 50th anniv tour. Also, the next tour won't be the last and maybe they will consider some ex-members for the final tour. They have a lot of ideas, but they are not ready for the next album yet. 2026/2027 will be it imo.

Some answers like ''then we will see what happens after TFP tour'' and ''next year who knows'' - are odd.

Next year is Iron Maiden's 50th anniversary tour, I imagine you have something special planned. Can you give us a sneak peek?
“Yes, we have some ideas in mind, but I can't tell you anything about them (laughs).”

In September, Iron Maiden will resume its tour "The Future Past Tour", which ends in December in São Paulo. Will it end there or will you do some more concerts?
“Yes, that will be the final date for this tour. Then we will see what happens."

Bands like Judas Priest, Saxon... are having a second youth musically, Maiden too.
“Yes, but that has to be seen year after year. I think Iron Maiden is still going strong too, but… next year who knows! (laughs)”

Have you already prepared new material for the new Iron Maiden album?
“We have a lot of ideas, but we don't have anything ready yet, and Bruce Dickinson has been on a solo tour. We don't have an album or anything like that.”

Last year you had a meeting with Paul Di'anno and just a few days ago we saw Bruce Dickinson and him reunite for the first time. Are the comments about a possible guest appearance on the upcoming Iron Maiden 50th anniversary tour true?
"No, I don't think so, nor do any ex-members of the band. At Iron Maiden we value what we're doing now. At the moment, we're not contemplating doing a big final act. Maybe when we think about the end we'll consider it, but for now, I don't know. It's not the end yet."

I hope Steve’s interview slows down the speculation about retirement after the next tour a bit.
Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I've personally never liked it because I find it illogical compared to other bands where it's not an issue.
And regarding Nicko, who knows if he's not a person who would say, please, don't finish Iron Maiden for my sake, I couldn't stand that, then I'd rather choose a live successor.

So, after seeing the interview with Steve, a documentary accompanied by a tour is my guess. Career spaning setlist with Rime included would be my guess.

I hope they do something in the vain of Rush's R40. Reverse chronological order of songs.

Am I only one who dont like idea of all 3 singers on tour.

Bruce would blow off Paul and Blaze that that would be hard to watch. Paul ego and mental problem would cause so much problems for all that he will not be able to complete tour. And Blaze, he will be humble and nice but on big stage with his cringe movement he will not fit at all.

I like more idea what Iommi did with Heaven & Hell. So instead of British Lion, much better would be Steve's project with Blaze and other project with healthy Paul, in style of Iommi.

Bruce would blow off Paul and Blaze that that would be hard to watch. Paul ego and mental problem would cause so much problems for all that he will not be able to complete tour. And Blaze, he will be humble and nice but on big stage with his cringe movement he will not fit at all.

I like more idea what Iommi did with Heaven & Hell. So instead of British Lion, much better would be Steve's project with Blaze and other project with healthy Paul, in style of Iommi.
Just to say blaze hasn't done the cringe movement and air drumming stuff at all since he left maiden, he's very comfortable on stage now

I don't think that it's a good idea for either Blaze or Paul to share the stage with Bruce at this point. Especially Paul. The band would also need to tune down for both of them.

I mean, Blaze is still a good singer, but Bruce is a force of nature even at 66.

I don't think the all-living members show will ever happen. I'm really wonder when Maiden officially announce plans and first tour dates for 2025. I think it could happen in September or even... in December when the current tour ends. Maybe they release ducumentary series first (in the first months of 2025) and next they start touring, probably in July 'til September. So it's just my guessing nothing reliable, but who knows?!

I don't think the all-living members show will ever happen. I'm really wonder when Maiden officially announce plans and first tour dates for 2025. I think it could happen in September or even... in December when the current tour ends. Maybe they release ducumentary series first (in the first months of 2025) and next they start touring, probably in July 'til September. So it's just my guessing nothing reliable, but who knows?!
Steve has said in the spanish interview that has just been posted here by another forum member that the all-living members special show will happen but on the farewell tour, that will not happen in the next years, so retirement is not planned for the 5 next years, so that's cool. :)

Blaze grew immensely as a vocalist after his Maiden years. Listen to his material in the mid-2000s, he was singing like a baritone god.

Paul on the other hand...

Steve has said in the spanish interview that has just been posted here by another forum member that the all-living members special show will happen but on the farewell tour, that will not happen in the next years, so retirement is not planned for the 5 next years, so that's cool. :)
That's not what he said. He denied that such a show would happen any time soon and said that maybe they would think about that later. He did not confirm such a show.

Blaze grew immensely as a vocalist after his Maiden years. Listen to his material in the mid-2000s, he was singing like a baritone god.
Paul on the other hand...
To this day I feel bad for dissing Blaze. He was great vocalist in not so great circumstances during his Maiden years. His solo stuff is super good and after meeting him in 2007 I can say that he is super nice guy. I think that show with him and Bruce would be interesting.

Agree on Paul part... I rescently heard Here Comes The Night and it was... well, something.

I really doubt that Maiden will ever do a farewell tour. Really really doubt it. However this interview with Steve makes it a tiny bit possible, but I still very much doubt it.

Again, I think they will go out along the lines of Rush's R40.

New interview with Steve. Basically confirmed the 50th anniv tour. Also, the next tour won't be the last and maybe they will consider some ex-members for the final tour. They have a lot of ideas, but they are not ready for the next album yet. 2026/2027 will be it imo.

Some answers like ''then we will see what happens after TFP tour'' and ''next year who knows'' - are odd.

Next year is Iron Maiden's 50th anniversary tour, I imagine you have something special planned. Can you give us a sneak peek?
“Yes, we have some ideas in mind, but I can't tell you anything about them (laughs).”

In September, Iron Maiden will resume its tour "The Future Past Tour", which ends in December in São Paulo. Will it end there or will you do some more concerts?
“Yes, that will be the final date for this tour. Then we will see what happens."

Bands like Judas Priest, Saxon... are having a second youth musically, Maiden too.
“Yes, but that has to be seen year after year. I think Iron Maiden is still going strong too, but… next year who knows! (laughs)”

Have you already prepared new material for the new Iron Maiden album?
“We have a lot of ideas, but we don't have anything ready yet, and Bruce Dickinson has been on a solo tour. We don't have an album or anything like that.”

Last year you had a meeting with Paul Di'anno and just a few days ago we saw Bruce Dickinson and him reunite for the first time. Are the comments about a possible guest appearance on the upcoming Iron Maiden 50th anniversary tour true?
"No, I don't think so, nor do any ex-members of the band. At Iron Maiden we value what we're doing now. At the moment, we're not contemplating doing a big final act. Maybe when we think about the end we'll consider it, but for now, I don't know. It's not the end yet."

It seems to me he is kinda preparing us for the retirement of Nicko with the "Then we will see what happens." and "next year who knows!"

The only thing that suggests, in my opinion, that the possibility of ending their career has become more realistic is the sentence "We'll manage to keep going for a while longer" because it suggests that they have to keep going and the time they think about is rather short. I got the impression that Steve is rather aware that at this stage every year of active performance should be seen as a success and not something obvious and given. The part about the new album is also neutral - they have ideas and that's it. A bit of a shame.

If I wanted to be paranoid, I would say that the band more or less knows that it's over - Bruce resuming his career may be a result of this and that Steve uses it as an argument in the discussion.

The part about the new album is also neutral - they have ideas and that's it. A bit of a shame.
That's how they write albums nowadays. Adrian might have some semi (or even fully) finished songs that he'll finalize with Bruce, Steve will lock himself in a room and emerge with at least one epic, work with Janick on the next epic with an acoustic intro that might or might not be in D minor. This time around we might get a Murray/Harris song with a clean intro and a slow melodic solo over it. I think the next album won't see any solo Bruce contributions since he's probably going to be more in the headspace of his solo career.

Back