Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

If Nicko is to be replaced, here is my proposal: don't. It's time for the band to retire if one of its members can't perform at the level expected anymore. I don't care about your buts, if Nicko's out then the whole band's done. It's way too late in their career to start artificially extending its lifespan by substituting members.

I'd be fine with Nicko being replaced, if that meant an album more or two. His playing is important, but he's not a big contributor to the songwriting of Maiden.

The perfect solution if Nicko weren't able to tour anymore, imo, would be for Nicko to take his time and record the music in the studio in a low stress environment at his own pace, but then have someone else go on tour with the boys. Other bands have had similar arrangements. I would definitely miss Nicko on a studio album, but live there's so much to pay attention to as well as emotions running high, that I'd be okay with a replacement.

I'd be fine with Nicko being replaced, if that meant an album more or two. His playing is important, but he's not a big contributor to the songwriting of Maiden.

The perfect solution if Nicko weren't able to tour anymore, imo, would be for Nicko to take his time and record the music in the studio in a low stress environment at his own pace, but then have someone else go on tour with the boys. Other bands have had similar arrangements. I would definitely miss Nicko on a studio album, but live there's so much to pay attention to as well as emotions running high, that I'd be okay with a replacement.
I could maybe see them do shows without Nicko, but recording without him seems so wrong. He is integral to Maiden's sound.

I could maybe see them do shows without Nicko, but recording without him seems so wrong. He is integral to Maiden's sound.
I think Nicko realize the situation, in September he will be more concious of his ability to play the shows and recording. McBrain is honest and stright forward man, so we will see how the things happen.

Yeah, if there's going to be a 2025 tour, I don't think it will be with Nicko.

Unless they either resign to the fact that the overall performance will not sound as good as it should, or tailor the setlist that matches his abilities.

after last albums I dont think that „sounding good” is high on their list of priorities.

They will, however, have problems with rhytm and tempo and that may be a dealbreaker.

Yeah, if there's going to be a 2025 tour, I don't think it will be with Nicko.

Unless they either resign to the fact that the overall performance will not sound as good as it should, or tailor the setlist that matches his abilities.
The tour is booked and asured. They won't resign, I think the brand new drummer is on the way.

Is this chat just speculation or are there words from inside the Maiden camp saying that Nicko will be replaced?
Litetary - not, but the rehersals before forthcoming tour will bring the final answer what about Nicko's condotion.
He won't be apologizing audience endlessly...

So, Bruce's tour is ending tonight, August is just a bit more than a week away and the beginning of the FP Tour 2024 is closer and closer.

What do we know about the next tour?

• It will 99% be a tour built around the 50 years anniversary concept (at least according to what Bruce said in past interviews).
  • Unless Bruce got the number completely wrong, we should expect around 90 shows between his solo career and Maiden, same as this year (yes: he was talking about 2025). This means we could get around 30/35 shows in Europe.
  • There were rumours about a stadium tour, and according to some people the schedule will feature a lot of this venues, but of course there will be arenas and festivals as well. In that regard, we have a bunch of dates unofficially confirmed or heavily rumored:

- Paris, France - La Defensé Arena (leaked by the same journalist who's been leaking every IM french shows for more than a decade).
    - Donington, UK - Download Festival (The Mirror wrote an extract about Maiden headling next year for their 50th anniversary tour. Although I'm a bit on the fence about this one, I guess it's worth a mention)
    - A show in Slovenia and/or Croatia (Maiden is currently on the slovenian Eventim ticket alert section, which means a date will be announced at some point. Curiosly, they're not appearing on the croatian division, so maybe they're returning to Ljubljana? Might also be that they will be featured later).
    - Reggio Emilia, Italy - RCF Arena (although it's heavily rumored among fans and newspaper, the only indication Maiden is going to perform there it's that they share the same promoter as Rammstein, which is playing the venue today, and they were, along with Maiden, the band which he would've liked to brought to San Siro Stadium in Milan. However, the smaller capacity for the RCF Arena is 20.000, too small, while the medium one is 60.000, which it's unlikely Maiden would be able to fill).

Other likely places are:
    - Dessel, Belgium - Graspop Festival
    - Copenhagen, Denmark - Copenhell
    - Stockholm, Sweden - Tele2 Arena
    - Prague, Czech Republic - Letnany Airport
    - Madrid, Spain - Wanda Metropolitano

These venues/festivals are not rumored but looking back at their routing schedules they're likely to be included.

Do you have a link to the interview?

The first one was this (I believe). It's hidden behind a paywall but I think someone screenshotted it and posted it somewhere. Basically he was asked about what they were going to do for the 50th year anniversary and he said they have plans for something great but he couldn't reveal too much. Same answer here.
In a recent interview before a solo show the interviewer said something along the lines of "Hopefully we'll see you next year with the 50 Years Tour" and he didn't even blink, as if it was a secret no more.

Then there is The Mirror thing, in which it was established Maiden is going to celebrate their 50 years. The fact The Future Past Tour is ending this year only adds up to this scenario.

So, Bruce's tour is ending tonight, August is just a bit more than a week away and the beginning of the FP Tour 2024 is closer and closer.

• It will 99% be a tour built around the 50 years anniversary concept (at least according to what Bruce said in past interviews).
  • Unless Bruce got the number completely wrong, we should expect around 90 shows between his solo career and Maiden, same as this year (yes: he was talking about 2025). This means we could get around 30/35 shows in Europe.
  • There were rumours about a stadium tour, and according to some people the schedule will feature a lot of this venues, but of course there will be arenas and festivals as well. In that regard, we have a bunch of dates unofficially confirmed or heavily rumored:

- Paris, France - La Defensé Arena (leaked by the same journalist who's been leaking every IM french shows for more than a decade).
    - Donington, UK - Download Festival (The Mirror wrote an extract about Maiden headling next year for their 50th anniversary tour. Although I'm a bit on the fence about this one, I guess it's worth a mention)
    - A show in Slovenia and/or Croatia (Maiden is currently on the slovenian Eventim ticket alert section, which means a date will be announced at some point. Curiosly, they're not appearing on the croatian division, so maybe they're returning to Ljubljana? Might also be that they will be featured later).
    - Reggio Emilia, Italy - RCF Arena (although it's heavily rumored among fans and newspaper, the only indication Maiden is going to perform there it's that they share the same promoter as Rammstein, which is playing the venue today, and they were, along with Maiden, the band which he would've liked to brought to San Siro Stadium in Milan. However, the smaller capacity for the RCF Arena is 20.000, too small, while the medium one is 60.000, which it's unlikely Maiden would be able to fill).

Other likely places are:

These venues/festivals are not rumored but looking back at their routing schedules they're likely to be included.
I'm pretty sure that if they start the next tour with Euro dates, the tour will start in Croatia (either Split or more likely Zagreb) at the end of May, thanks to Split rehearsals. Belgrade might also be the possibility. But as I said, Arena Zagreb would be my bet. No way they start 2 tours in a row in Ljubljana.

That said, there has been talk about finally renovating the old Bežigrad stadium and using it as an outdoor concert venue (Maiden played there in 2007 (pretty bad gig, but was my first one) and was abandoned shortly afterwards). The thing is that one of the major Slovenian artists wants to do an outdoor gig in the city park for 30th anniversary of his career at the end of August but is being blocked by envromentalists and old abandoned Bežigrad stadium is being listed as the last minute alternative. I think if that gig is held there, there is a chance that a lot of concerts in the summer months will move from Arena Stožice to Bežigrad stadium in the future.

Other likely places are:

I don't know. I guess Stockholm is supposed to be for the Finnish fans, but no shows in Germany?

I'm pretty sure that if they start the next tour with Euro dates, the tour will start in Croatia (either Split or more likely Zagreb) at the end of May, thanks to Split rehearsals. Belgrade might also be the possibility. But as I said, Arena Zagreb would be my bet. No way they start 2 tours in a row in Ljubljana.

That said, there has been talk about finally renovating the old Bežigrad stadium and using it as an outdoor concert venue (Maiden played there in 2007 (pretty bad gig, but was my first one) and was abandoned shortly afterwards). The thing is that one of the major Slovenian artists wants to do an outdoor gig in the city park for 30th anniversary of his career at the end of August but is being blocked by envromentalists and old abandoned Bežigrad stadium is being listed as the last minute alternative. I think if that gig is held there, there is a chance that a lot of concerts in the summer months will move from Arena Stožice to Bežigrad stadium in the future.

Split would be the best option to start a tour since they've been rehearsing there for a couple of years. What makes me think that they might do Ljubljana instead is the fact they're listed on eventim.si and not on eventim.hr, which is weird considering even in 2022, when Croatia wasn't in the tour schedule, they were appearing there. This time it's only Slovenia. Might mean nothing as I said before, 'cause probably they were added too soon this time and later they will be listed on eventim.hr as well. I would prefer Zagreb since it's easier to reach with planes but we'll see.

Also, I don't think we can rule out Maiden to start in Greece. They wanted to do that last year.

I don't know. I guess Stockholm is supposed to be for the Finnish fans, but no shows in Germany?
I didn't list all the venues where they can play, just those which sounds more plausible. Of course they will do a couple of stadiums in Germany as well, but apart from maybe Olympiastadion in Berlin (they skipped the city in 2023) there isn't much to go by.

Back