Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

I'm always not sure why so many people are certain that the upcoming tour is Maiden's farewell tour, whereas there's hardly any such discussion about Judas Priest, for example.
Rob Halford is also 72 and has a demanding role in the live performance. I don't know if I really find that logical.
if Priest kept their classic lineup in tact we probably would be having similar discussions and Priest would have retired by now (probably around 2012 and definitely by the time Tipton was diagnosed with Parkinson’s). I think they don’t get discussed the same way because they are willing to replace core members in order to keep going. Iron Maiden so far hasn’t, but if they announced the next tour would be a standard greatest hits tour and that Nicko would be stepping down, the expectations would probably change to Iron Maiden sticking around a few more years. As it is now, it seems like they are going to retire with this lineup and Nicko’s age/health makes it hard to imagine them going beyond another 2-3 year tour cycle.

Yes, but that news about Dave never mentioned a source, it's the same shit that has been around since 2016 (which was 8 years ago btw, if he wanted to retire he would've done so already).
Considering how checked out he seemed solo-wise on quite a few tours in a row (starting from 2016, incidentally), I have no trouble believing he was actually tired of touring by that point, but judging by last year, I think Nicko's stroke lit a fire under his ass since there's absolutely no complaints anyone could have about his playing on TFP (or anyone else's, if were being honest).

if Priest kept their classic lineup in tact we probably would be having similar discussions and Priest would have retired by now (probably around 2012 and definitely by the time Tipton was diagnosed with Parkinson’s). I think they don’t get discussed the same way because they are willing to replace core members in order to keep going. Iron Maiden so far hasn’t, but if they announced the next tour would be a standard greatest hits tour and that Nicko would be stepping down, the expectations would probably change to Iron Maiden sticking around a few more years. As it is now, it seems like they are going to retire with this lineup and Nicko’s age/health makes it hard to imagine them going beyond another 2-3 year tour cycle.

Well, Maiden replaced core members, like for example Bruce Dickinson.

Do you really think it is more likely that Judas Priest will replace Rob Halford again than Maiden Nicko?

Considering how checked out he seemed solo-wise on quite a few tours...

That's true, but musicians aren't only musicians. Theoretically, there could be many possibilities as to what could have distracted or preoccupied him during that time other than just homesickness and not wanting to tour anymore.

I’m sure every touring musician get homesick now and then, for all you know Adrian and Nicko could be just as tired of touring as Dave, it just happened that Dave probably gave a comment in one interview many years ago that has "suddenly" made him a moaning person.

The guys have toured all their adult life, they clearly know how it works. In my opinion, they are allowed to say in public that they miss their homelife without being labelled moaners. They are humans just like you and me, despite what H fans says

I mean ultimately if the assumption is correct and there is gonna be two legs in the new theme (Europe next year, 2026 the rest of the world), it makes sense that 2026 is their last visit outside Europe. But I don´t see why they couldn´t tour in Europe 2027 and beyond for like two months per year, let alone 6 weeks. I´m not sure if they even do that much of media promotion beforehand anymore, or if "they" do its basically Bruce. Touring certainly for 6 weeks per year doesn´t take that much time, maybe an extra week for rehearsals. Yes they are not getting any younger, but being around 70 years of age is not that old anymore. The main question is however are they gonna be healthy and for how long. If they stay healthy, they could still be hanging around even as late as in 2035, obviously not touring but playing like ten gigs a year in the UK. But retirement rumours first started I guess as early as during 7th Son tour back in 1988, so there will naturally be gossip until the day they call it a career.

Last edited:
... it just happened that Dave probably gave a comment in one interview many years ago that has "suddenly" made him a moaning person.

Does this interview excist or is that just an assumption?

... But I don´t see why they couldn´t tour in Europe 2027 and beyond for like two months per year ...

I agree. I am away from home myself for longer periods (not as a musician) and 2 months per year esspecially with the technology we have today is not that bad. Come on, guys!

no line of Powerslave 40 anni merch on the way, no idea why?
Today the official store got an update. I was really expecting (an hoping) for Powerslave anniversary shirts... But what did we get? Three new shirts from the so called "Remastered"-collection: The Clairvoyant, Phantom Of The Opera and, surprise, A Matter Of Life And Death Tour shirt.
Very strange. The only idea coming to my mind is they might stir the PS anni together with the LAD anni next year, cause the World Shavery Tour was a 1984/85 thingy.

Today the official store got an update. I was really expecting (an hoping) for Powerslave anniversary shirts... But what did we get? Three new shirts from the so called "Remastered"-collection: The Clairvoyant, Phantom Of The Opera and, surprise, A Matter Of Life And Death Tour shirt.
Very strange. The only idea coming to my mind is they might stir the PS anni together with the LAD anni next year, cause the World Shavery Tour was a 1984/85 thingy.
Probably they wanna spoil Power/LaD anniversary with 50 anni tour. I can imagine the stage set looking as the collage from the differen eras, with some instant changes, many special effects, most of them referring to the golden era of 1984/1985 which made Iron Maiden the superstars of rock. I think fans would be pleased.

Probably they wanna spoil Power/LaD anniversary with 50 anni tour. I can imagine the stage set looking as the collage from the differen eras, with some instant changes, many special effects, most of them referring to the golden era of 1984/1985 which made Iron Maiden the superstars of rock. I think fans would be pleased.
Yeah, and with a period within the show (after 50 minutes or so) where Bruce loses motivation and will suddenly be replaced by Blaze. Meanwhile Bruce doing lectures in a side room. To return for the encore later.

It would be great if next summer Maiden would play at ancient amphitheatre in Pula (capacity 10.000), 2 maybe 3 concerts.

Back