Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pastorium ?

d7bc7f95c3ef953d29b4b171e053102bdf2535f7.gif

I’m glad that I’ve seen them at Donnington. It was always a bucket list thing for me. But I don’t want to hurry back.

The UK doesn’t have great infrastructure for festivals. They are either too far away with poor public transport or crammed into a town or city with overwhelmed public transport!
I went through something similar here in Brazil with Rock in Rio. For obvious reasons, as a brazilian fan, I had the dream of seeing Maiden at Rock in Rio, which I did in 2013. The festival was fun, well organized and with other great bands (Slayer, Helloween, Sepultura, Avenged Sevenfold...). But it was certainly the worst of my eight Maiden shows, because of all the tiredness from a whole day waiting and the distance I was from the stage. Since then, to see my favorite band, I certainly prefer it to be outside of a festival.

Short and snappy setlist speculation if you please (what I reckon is the most likely scenario):

Pre-Bruce era: Iron Maiden is given and guaranteed, there may be 1-2 in addition.

The Number of the Beast and Piece of Mind: combined number of 2 songs guaranteed from these classics

Powerslave: The Big Four shall we say, well all are possible. Even Rime, as they need at least one big epic

Somewhere In Time: Unlikely that any songs will appear given this current tour

7th Son: Moonchild, Evil, Clairvoyant are possible, minimum of one song from this album will be played

The 90s: Sadly, nothing from No Prayer, title track of FOTD obviously, there is a chance for Afraid given that they are likely to span the set throughout the whole 50 years, however remote and feeble it is. And from Blaze era: I have a feeling that one song will make it, most likely The Clansman

00s albums: I would estimate there is a good chance for 2 songs, reasonable for 3, but no more than that

Final Book of Senjutsu: I give one song a possibility

To sum it up:

No songs from SIT & No Prayer
Number, Piece and Powerslave get the spotlight
Atleast one from the 90s besides FOTD and at the very least 3 from the reunion era.

Last edited:
Short and snappy setlist speculation if you please (what I reckon is the most likely scenario):

Pre-Bruce era: Iron Maiden is given and guaranteed, there may be 1-2 in addition.

The Number of the Beast and Piece of Mind: combined number of 2 songs guaranteed from these classics

Powerslave: The Big Four shall we say, well all are possible. Even Rime, as they need at least one big epic

Somewhere In Time: Unlikely that any songs will appear given this current tour

7th Son: Moonchild, Evil, Clairvoyant are possible, minimum of one song from this album will be played

The 90s: Sadly, nothing from No Prayer, title track of FOTD obviously, there is a chance for Afraid given that they are likely to span the set throughout the whole 50 years, however remote and feeble it is. And from Blaze era: I have a feeling that one song will make it, most likely The Clansman

00s albums: I would estimate there is a good chance for 2 songs, reasonable for 3, but no more than that

Final Book of Senjutsu: I give one song a possibility

To sum it up:

Atleast one from the 90s besides FOTD and at the very least 3 from the reunion era.
So it would be boring setlist.

The
I think it's hard to call without them having said anything about the tour. For now I'd say 90% bog standard greatest hits set with a couple of curve balls thrown in.
The next tour probably will be their last one. They are older, problem with Nicko's health, and I don't think Harris wants some changes in the band.

I think it's hard to call without them having said anything about the tour. For now I'd say 90% bog standard greatest hits set with a couple of curve balls thrown in.
I don't think it's going to be standard greatest hits set for the most part, regardless of the theme of the tour. The band knows they have to deliver something special, interesting and memorable. Especially now. I believe in this.
To sum it up:
I think:

• 2 songs at most from the early days.
  • 2 (or 3) songs at most from each of TNOTB and POM.
  • at least 1 song from Powerslave. It depends if they want to return 2 Minutes.
  • no songs from SIT.
  • at least 3 (maybe less, maybe even more) from SSOASS.
  • only 1 song from the early 90's. Unfortunately. But why not one more?
  • I doubt about even 1 song from the Blaze era, but if it's a 50th anniv. celebration, they should include one.
  • at least 1 song from BNW.
  • 1 (or 2?) at most more Reunion songs. Maybe from AMOLAD or DOD. I doubt from the last 3 albums.

All that being said, I expect some unexpected surprises.

I don't think it's going to be standard greatest hits set for the most part, regardless of the theme of the tour. The band knows they have to deliver something special, interesting and memorable. Especially now. I believe in this.

I think:

• 2 songs at most from the early days.
  • 2 (or 3) songs at most from each of TNOTB and POM.
  • at least 1 song from Powerslave. It depends if they want to return 2 Minutes.
  • no songs from SIT.
  • at least 3 (maybe less, maybe even more) from SSOASS.
  • only 1 song from the early 90's. Unfortunately. But why not one more?
  • I doubt about even 1 song from the Blaze era, but if it's a 50th anniv. celebration, they should include one.
  • at least 1 song from BNW.
  • 1 (or 2?) at most more Reunion songs. Maybe from AMOLAD or DOD. I doubt from the last 3 albums.

All that being said, I expect some unexpected surprises.
Maybe, but the time goes on and on. If Maiden doesn't do something really special they probably lost all the fame they have had since 2008. The tickets are very expensive, stage production standards sare raising to the stratosphere, fans won't pay them for something standarized and boring. The next year is important to their career and should give the fans a big surprise this time.

Maybe, but the time goes on and on. If Maiden doesn't do something really special they probably lost all the fame they have had since 2008. The tickets are very expensive, stage production standards sare raising to the stratosphere, fans won't pay them for something standarized and boring. The next year is important to their career and should give the fans a big surprise this time.
next year is only important for their wallets...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back