Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumour / possible leak:

A person wrote on FB that he heard Fish (ex Marillon singer) saying on his programme "Fish On Friday" that MARK WILKINSON is the author of the new album cover. This guy is the same that made me notice the El Mago De Oz's drummer's interview about the 3rd Septemner release date... Will it be true? We'll soon find out.
TBOS Eddie is awesome, so it would be great. And I want to see him to make a cover with (a lot of) details this time. Wilkinson is a great artist.

Rumour / possible leak:

A person wrote on FB that he heard Fish (ex Marillon singer) saying on his programme "Fish On Friday" that MARK WILKINSON is the author of the new album cover. This guy is the same that made me notice the El Mago De Oz's drummer's interview about the 3rd Septemner release date... Will it be true? We'll soon find out.
Fine for me. And I think it's very good option and would like to see his art anyways.
So, whatever it will be people, it's today 10 hours and 34 minutes to go.

TBOS Eddie is awesome, so it would be great. And I want to see him to make a cover with (a lot of) details this time. Wilkinson is a great artist.

Yeah... I would like something very detailed, this time around, too. A TFF level of details would also be fine, for me, I'm not asking a SIT level of details! :) But yeah, altough I think the black background in TBOS cover was not uninentional and that has its fascination, to me it feels like a kind of a wasted opportunity to place Eddie in a mayan, south-american, wild nature or a similar envinronment/setting.

Dont forget Wicker Man (BD song) and THE Wicker Man (IM) :lol:

And 'The Alchemist' (BD's solo song in 1998, IM's song in 2010)!

Would you like to kill some time by doing our personal top 5/ranking of the new era studio album covers? I'll start :)

1. BNW
2. TFF
3. TBOS
4. AMOLAD
5. DOD

... Hoping IM17's album cover will take the first place!

Would you like to kill some time by doing our personal top 5/ranking of the new era studio album covers? I'll start :)

1. BNW
2. TFF
3. TBOS
4. AMOLAD
5. DOD
Hard agree.

1. Brave New World
The futuristic London cityscape and that Eddie cloud can only be described with a chef's kiss.

2. The Final Frontier
Not the best Eddie at all, but I like the idea of everything going on. And the colours!

3. The Book of Souls
The Eddie is cool, but that's it. It's not that I don't have anything else to say - it's that there is nothing else to say. Black background?

4. A Matter of Life and Death
Nothing going on in the foreground.

5. Dance of Death
Cartridge tilt glitches, anyone?

Last edited:

1. BNW
2. TFF
3. TBOS
4. AMOLAD
5. DOD

... Hoping IM17's album cover will take the first place!
1. BNW
2. AMOLAD
3. TBOS
4. TFF
5. DOD

I think all the covers are fine from the reunion-era excect for the sketch that found itself from the cover of DOD.
TBOS is great but maybe it could feature a bit more background, somehow always felt it could have something there.
Pretty difficult to rank these, as I feel that AMOLAD and TBOS are so close actually..then sometimes I don't like TFF.
Kinda funny thing, some of these things change daily or based on the feelings, such as the favorite songs or solos etc.
Anyways, I hope that the cover for album #17 will be truly great and majestic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back