Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Undersea Eddie was one of my thoughts for ‘the next album’ before TBOS was announced. I don’t think he has ever been IN the water yet, even if he has been ON it.
I can picture a fan-made single of "Run Silent Run Deep" with Eddie in/as a submarine... unfortunately I can't draw. ;)

I just noticed that it says 'Eddie dressed as a hill' under your avatar. Good stuff :ok:
It is a reference to one of my first posts, talking about potential Eddies for the upcoming tour. It was an idea I had for a walk on for Run to the Hills, if not a very serious one.

Aaaaah, I thought it was something I said. Maybe, at the time, I was responding to what you said and have now assumed that I said it in the first place. Memories are a strange thing, indeed

Aaaaah, I thought it was something I said. Maybe, at the time, I was responding to what you said and have now assumed that I said it in the first place. Memories are a strange thing, indeed
What do you think we will get in terms of Eddies? There’s no really obvious well known idea for the big Eddie during Iron Maiden, so apart from the new horned one in the tour poster I’m not sure. I’m thinking we might get two walk on Eddies as the previous sentence suggests big Eddies will be hard to come up with so I don’t think we’ll get two of them. Perhaps they will just be very song specific like an axe wielding Eddie during Killers, a walk on Clansman or Eddie dressed as a hill during RTTH.
But you can always claim the Washing Machine Eddie :ok:
Well, now. I was thinkin the other day that Id like to see a return to a nature style Edward a la FOTD. So, Eddie as a hill or a privit hedge, a bunch of grapes or maybe even a garden shed. We've had him as a circuit board so why not electrical appliances, like, for example, a washing machine. That would be brilliant onstage, spinnin round and round during Iron Maiden, foam comin out the mouth.

Still think it would look class.
I think it is so funny that it would work and be both comic and threatening. The lobotomy clip could be the door hinge. In fact, lets make the stage set a kitchen and have lots of household Eddies. Bruce could throw Eddie toast into the crowd during an instrumental section.

Call Geddy Alex, and Neil, see if we can borrow the ol' machines. Those aren't in use any longer. :(. Anyway, Eddie pushing a shopping cart through the dollar store or picking up "little Ed jr." from kindergarten for the undead would work for me. Let's just have something!!

Call Geddy Alex, and Neil, see if we can borrow the ol' machines. Those aren't in use any longer. :(. Anyway, Eddie pushing a shopping cart through the dollar store or picking up "little Ed jr." from kindergarten for the undead would work for me. Let's just have something!!
I wonder if Necropolis uses the same nursery?

Whatever Maiden decide to give us next, I hope it includes a song co-written by Janick and Adrian - I'm pretty sure we haven't had one yet, from those two together (unless there was a b-side or something).

Yes, Virus has credits for both Dave and Janick. I'm aware that Dave and Adrian have no joint credits either but I hadn't attached too much significance to this, on account of Dave famously not being a very prolific songwriter :).

There's a first time for everything though ...

I don't think we've ever had a song co-written by two guitarists.

We haven't, and in an interview I read ages ago, Adrian (I think) addressed this, saying that if they sat down to write something, it would only end up as incoherent jamming.

Only some non album songs when written by whole band (e.g. More Tea Vicar) or four people, such as Virus.

Virus is doubtful. I heard that everyone's name was just added to show that they agreed with the sentiments behind the song. I'm not sure everyone was involved in the writing process.

Although, if that was the case you would expect that Nicko's name would feature too.

I imagine Virus might've been born out of a jam they did with mostly everyone throwing in things. The difference between that and More Tea Vicar/Pass the Jam is that Virus was a "proper" song and released not just as a B side so they probably made sure to get the crediting right, hence why Nicko gets none.

Virus is doubtful. I heard that everyone's name was just added to show that they agreed with the sentiments behind the song.
Nope.
I'm not sure everyone was involved in the writing process.
Indeed.
Although, if that was the case you would expect that Nicko's name would feature too.
Indeed.
We haven't, and in an interview I read ages ago, Adrian (I think) addressed this, saying that if they sat down to write something, it would only end up as incoherent jamming.
Yeah, or endless jamming. ;-)

A plan with no drawbacks then ... ;).
Virus is doubtful. I heard that everyone's name was just added to show that they agreed with the sentiments behind the song. I'm not sure everyone was involved in the writing process.

Another writing credit for Nicko would be something else I'd like to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back