Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really longing for a new album but at the same time I think at this stage of their carreer they only must release albums of absolute high quality.
So I'd rather wait longer if that means the album will keep the quality of the previous ones.
They're not in a moment of their carreer that they can stain their legacy by releasing a bad album since every album could be their last at this stage sadly.
So they should take all the time they need to keep producing high quality records.

Look at The Stones & Mcartney, Maiden are practically young men in comparison and have stacks of time on their side. They are nowhere near the end, be realistic.

It's true, but Maiden have stated many times that they don't want to be a band of dinosaurs and that they will retire when they can't give 100% anymore.
If it were any other band who said it I wouldn't believe it but we know Maiden is special in this regard and they always mean what they say.

I just can't imagine Iron Maiden going on as thr Rolling Stones or Paul McCartney and I agree with their decision.
So I see them retiring before they reach 70 years old.

It's true, but Maiden have stated many times that they don't want to be a band of dinosaurs and that they will retire when they can't give 100% anymore.
If it were any other band who said it I wouldn't believe it but we know Maiden is special in this regard and they always mean what they say.

I just can't imagine Iron Maiden going on as thr Rolling Stones or Paul McCartney and I agree with their decision.
So I see them retiring before they reach 70 years old.
Well, that's 4 years from now...

Yeah, Nicko will be 70 in four years now but Steve and Bruce are younger.
Anyways, I see them playing maybe some 6 or 7 years in the future, not more than that.

If I had to make a guess I would say they will release one more studio album in late 2019 or early 2020.
They'll make a tour of the album and around 2021 or 2022 they will make the Farewell tour which could go for long as they will surely want to play in as many countries as possible.

So I would say we'll have one more studio album and probably 3 more tours.
We really need to enjoy all we can because there will be a time when Iron Maiden isn't around anymore and it won't be too long.

Yeah, Nicko will be 70 in four years now but Steve and Bruce are younger.
Anyways, I see them playing maybe some 6 or 7 years in the future, not more than that.

If I had to make a guess I would say they will release one more studio album in late 2019 or early 2020.
They'll make a tour of the album and around 2021 or 2022 they will make the Farewell tour which could go for long as they will surely want to play in as many countries as possible.

So I would say we'll have one more studio album and probably 3 more tours.
We really need to enjoy all we can because there will be a time when Iron Maiden isn't around anymore and it won't be too long.
There'll be no farewell tour. I've already stated why. 7 years is a bit optimistic.

I believe there will be a farewell tour.
I just don't picture them coming back, not even for a casual show.
They will probably go on with their solo carreers but once they call Iron Maiden quits I don't think they'll ever perform live again.

So there's no reason for not doing a Farewell tour in my opinion.

I believe there will be a farewell tour.
I just don't picture them coming back, not even for a casual show.
They will probably go on with their solo carreers but once they call Iron Maiden quits I don't think they'll ever perform live again.

So there's no reason for not doing a Farewell tour in my opinion.
It is. See Rush...

We've been through this debate here before...

Yup, but it wasn't advertised as a farewell tour.

I think Maiden will do something similar.
I concede that there is an important distinction there. Still bitter there were no dates outside of North America. Do we know if they are going to keep doing these Rush reissues and why they didn’t do the first three albums?

I concede that there is an important distinction there. Still bitter there were no dates outside of North America. Do we know if they are going to keep doing these Rush reissues and why they didn’t do the first three albums?

This.

On the other hand, Steve has already stated that Maiden might continue to record albums, when they retire from the road.

I'd like to think that Iron Maiden would let us know beforehand if a tour is likely to be their last. Commercially it would make sense as all the tickets would go in an instant.

I'd like to think that Iron Maiden would let us know beforehand if a tour is likely to be their last. Commercially it would make sense as all the tickets would go in an instant.
Yup. But it can make you look like a money whore. Like Ki$$, $corpion$, Phil Collin$ etc. I don't think Maiden would play on that card. As Rush didn't.

But Rod though. And any further plagiarism-related lawsuits.

Cmon man. They have enough money. And if Steve or Bruce say no to dubbing a tour Farewell tour, there is nothing that Rod and Andy can do.

Same happened with Rush. I bet Ray Danniels wanted to call R40 something like A Farewell To Stage tour, but the band said no.

I insist that I think it would make sense to Iron Maiden to do a Farwell tour.
I don't get it why anyone would think that it is money whore, nothing further from the truth.
Anyone knows that Iron Maiden are not the kind of band who would lie about it to make a profit, it was never their style, so if they do a Farewell tour it's because it will really be their last.

As someone said above, it's not about the money but about the fans.
As a fan I would like to know if it is the last time I will see them live and Maiden has a lot of respect for the fans.
I mean, for many people it's not that easy to see them live because they don't have enough money, because they have to travel, etc.
Lots of those people maybe don't go to one of their shows thinking there will probably be another one.
So it makes sense to let them know that it will be their last and it is the last chance they have to see them.

Ok, they do a farewell tour. Book the last date at Wembley Stadium. Then on Christmas they announce additional dates next year. Even this can look like a money-grab mechanism.

There could be a final tour, but it probably wouldn't have the last definitive date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back