Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
You all are pretty into and I'm pretty sure this album is the last one from them and the final sign of IM decline in terms of popularity. Everywhere response for their new propositions is poor. No way this album succeed the way as a few former ones.
you cant define popularity on how well an album sells these days, pretty sure when they go out on the road they well sell out the same stadiums and arenas they always have and thats all that matters /

Sure, they were "bigger" and more "popular" a few years back, probably peaking somewhere around 2008-2010, but even during this "decline" they're still huge, global phenomenon and one of the biggest rock acts out there.

I get where you're coming from, but I think you made it sound a bit too grim... ;)

Iron Maiden have never been bigger. Anyone claiming otherwise probably does not know how to interpret ticket sales…

Generally Iron Maiden are considered as outdated band and they don't attract the new fans anymore. And selling big arenas and stadiums is over for them. For many shows announced since 2020 there are tons and tons of tickets. Facts are the facts it's time for them to be out.

Generally Iron Maiden are considered as outdated band and they don't attract the new fans anymore. And selling big arenas and stadiums is over for them. For many shows announced since 2020 there are tons and tons of tickets. Facts are the facts it's time for them to be out.
Funny, I last saw them play one of there biggest ever shows in LA in 2019 selling out a STADIUM and the crowd was full of youth lmao you are just trolling now

A pleasant (but overly optimistic thought) : on the 15th, they will stream a live rendition of the new album live, without an audience, at Shepherd's Bush. The stream will then be taken offline and will only reappear as a bonus CD of the album whose first release date will be -as spoiled by the drummer of Mago de Oz- on September 3rd.

Funny, I last saw them play one of there biggest ever shows in LA in 2019 selling out a STADIUM and the crowd was full of youth lmao you are just trolling now

Last time I saw them they sold out two nights at the O2 in London, with more people in attendance than on the previous occasions they played at the same venue in 2017, 2013 and 2011.

Last edited:
Unsold tickets for shows during pandemic? What a shock. Keep calm but did you know that water is wet? I know, crazy!

I (of course) disagree with Rlonger- but even if it were true who the F cares? Like for real- even if their popularity has waned (it hasn’t) why does it matter?
If people are posting on a maiden forum they are fans of the band, I highly doubt they care about the popularity of the band lol.
that sounds like some straight high school b.s.
I feel sorry for you.

I do agree on some level with that first part. Maiden are considered old hat verging on embarrassing by some. There's a bit of sightseeing among people who like to tick off a list of big names they've seen, but even in metal circles there are people who think Maiden are naff as f***.

Iron Maiden have never been bigger. Anyone claiming otherwise probably does not know how to interpret ticket sales…

Yeah, that's why I put the "s. I've understood that 2005-2010 was probably their most "popular" period in terms of being widely recognized and still growing. Now, Iron Maiden is undoubtly bigger product and they definitely have not declined per se, but become more of an staple institution and phenomenon. Which is great.

Speaking locally, I think Maiden "peaked" here around the mentioned 2005-2010 period, looking at the ticket sales and general buzz, but obviously they're still big here in Finland and they've become bigger in many other places.

Triggered.......What planet are you living on. There is a fucking pandemic going on. No artists are touring or selling tickets.
Maiden are huge artist worldwide and have millions of fans all over the world. Go to bed or stop drinking....

you guys are HIGH. Maiden has NEVER been bigger or more important to the hard rock/metal world or its fans. Period. End of story. Nobody sells albums in any meaningful numbers. Not even Stones, Bon Jovi, Metallica...anyone. Are Maiden still selling out arenas and stadiums???? HELL YES. Is that the best barometer (along with streams maybe?) of popularity today??? YES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back