Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we will see how to be the reaction for new single/video and album when they release these ones.

Well, I believe it's going to be the as it was for the past two albums or so. There will be a lot of people thinking it's great, a lot of people thinking it's ok but not on par with their past works and people who're not that interested, but whatever the case, it'll get decent amount of YouTube & Streaming Service views/listens, music medias will pick it up and some rock/metal radio stations will give it some airplay. The album will most likely gain good reviews and the physical product (CD & LP) will sell shitloads - at least for a physical record released in 2020s.

But yes, we will see. I just think it's rather irrelevant whether Maiden is marginally more or less "popular" now than it was a couple of years ago, as it's still a huge thing and as an rock'n roll & heavy metal institution, it's not going or diminishing anywhere, regardless if they sell out a couple of arenas or stadiums less than on the last tour, or if the new single has less views than Speed of Light did during the first week.

I really don't think Maiden has anything left to prove on any level, popularity included. I mean, how many bands out there get to Maiden's heights of popularity with barely any radio airplay? Do the guys even care?

I'd imagine the band's more worried about the reaction to the album than "likes" and views.

Last edited:
Yeah, that was me.
El Mago De Oz's drummer basically "spoiled" that New Maiden's album is going to be released on September 3rd. Not official yet, but VERY likely, at this point.
But why would that band know this.
This is a secret, I can't imagine other bands would know this (let alone: tell this). If all true, the band could be punished for this.

Last time I saw them they sold out two nights at the O2 in London, with more people in attendance than on the previous occasions they played at the same venue in 2017, 2013 and 2011.
Were these the only UK gigs? A venue could have more attendance if there are less alternatives.

This is a secret, I can't imagine other bands would know this (let alone: tell this). If all true, the band could be punished for this.

Simple: their record/publish company (or something like that, can't recall precisely) are the same. They basically told them that El Mago de Oz's new album would be out in the same day of the New Maiden. So they "chose" to delay the release to 7 days after. No more September 3rd, but September 10th. The musician probably realised he gave away too much, but it's too late now! In the end he said "i'm not even sure if Maiden will really publish the album on Sept. 3rd, as I was told...", but I think the leak is pretty legit.

After all, if a very careful El Mago De Oz fan hadn't be so careful in listening those few seconds of the interview, the news would have never come out...

I do agree on some level with that first part. Maiden are considered old hat verging on embarrassing by some. There's a bit of sightseeing among people who like to tick off a list of big names they've seen, but even in metal circles there are people who think Maiden are naff as f***.

I've been listening to Maiden since 1991 and it's always been like that, it was far worse in the 90s.

Let's have a major secret in order to do a big mystery campaign.

O yeah, by the way:
A: "Hellohoow, all bands on the roster: *communicates Maiden's release date in capital letters*".

B: "Hiiii, Mago de Oz, your album will not come out, becauhauuuuse, Maiden will release there album this date."

They could have given any other excuse to the band (Mago) for the delay of one mere stupid week.

Last edited:

The industry would certainly know well in advance of major album releases.

Don't know, Foro.
Since the first moment, I took you the news treating it as a rumour, not as a confirmed fact.
4 days and we'll know. At this point, all I want is to know album title, album cover, tracklist and possibly hear a new track. I don't think 3rd or 24th of September, for instance, will change that much how excited we are to hear the full thing. We can and have to wait. I still think the 17th is a VERY appropriate day to release the 17° record.

Mago de Oz just fucking use the attention for their own album. Bullshit of the first order.

To be fair to them, they told the journalist off the record that was the cause for delaying their album release by a week and it was the journalist who brought it up during the interview, not the band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back