Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horrible mix. The guitars are thin as they were live, but in concert there was thunder coming out from Nicko's drums. Everything is bland here. For fucks sake it sounds like a bootleg from 10 years ago.
I can't justify throwing my money at this. This is what Spotify is for.

This board is also full of low expectation fans. The sound quality on this is similar to official bootleg CD of the night that other bands sell just after the show.

Had a quick listen, this is the same gig that they used for the live Download Festival stream isn't it? You can tell this is at the back end of Bruce being sick, he sounds totally out of breath during the verses (chorus is fine)

I don't understand why the band are using a clearly compromised performance when there's been other shows on the tour that he sounded fantastic? And not releasing video (even if it's just up on YT like TBOS LC) is bizarre considering how stunning the visuals of this show are.

Had a quick listen, this is the same gig that they used for the live Download Festival stream isn't it? You can tell this is at the back end of Bruce being sick, he sounds totally out of breath during the verses (chorus is fine)

I don't understand why the band are using a clearly compromised performance when there's been other shows on the tour that he sounded fantastic? And not releasing video (even if it's just up on YT like TBOS LC) is bizarre considering how stunning the visuals of this show are.
Yes, same gig. My bet is they recorded all 3 nights at Mexico and chose the best performance of each song. But yeah, 2018 would be much better, even more being just an album and not a DVD, latin american crowd won't even be noticeable.

Christ almighty. This board is so bloody negative about everything nowadays. I used to like coming on here but all people do is whinge about the band.

I thought Aces High sounded great and I am glad to have a live album from the best tour I have seen them on.

Yea was thinking the same thing. I don’t see any reason to have low expectations regarding Maiden and yet everyone just complains. A new live album is awesome. The band sounds great, the material is great, the cover is...fine I guess, I certainly didn’t think twice about it, and I’m happy to have a new vinyl to add to my collection.

A day will come when there will no longer be anything to look forward to from Maiden, and we’ll all wish we could go back to some of these petty complaints.

Edit: Ya know...looking closer at this new cover and Eddie looks like when Dan Akroyd was possessed by Vigo in Ghostbusters 2. And if that's not fucking awesome I don't know what is!

Last edited:
Yea was thinking the same thing. I don’t see any reason to have low expectations regarding Maiden and yet everyone just complains. A new live album is awesome. The band sounds great, the material is great, the cover is...fine I guess, I certainly didn’t think twice about it, and I’m happy to have a new vinyl to add to my collection.
A new live album is awesome. The performance is good. The cover is fine. The setlist is great.

The sound isn't. It doesn't sound like a million dollars. It sounds the equivalent to Trump's 750$ income tax.
And the sound is one of the most important factors to me.

A new live album is awesome. The performance is good. The cover is fine. The setlist is great.

The sound isn't. It doesn't sound like a million dollars. It sounds the equivalent to Trump's 750$ income tax.
And the sound is one of the most important factors to me.
I’m still trying to find a way to listen to it, as YouTube is giving me nothing. Maybe it’s on my sons Spotify account. I actually like the sound of BoS Live Chapter and hope this sounds at least as good.

I’m still trying to find a way to listen to it, as YouTube is giving me nothing. Maybe it’s on my sons Spotify account. I actually like the sound of BoS Live Chapter and hope this sounds at least as good.
I like Live Chapter too. This isn't in the same league.

Does it sound like a production issue, or a media/format issue? Shit on Youtube/Spotify doesn't (I think) always sound that great.
100% production issue. Very weird production choices. They have tried really hard not to have the drums/bass/vocals and the flurry of guitars to clash with eachother. What you end up instead is everything sounds too distanced from the rest. They went too far with balacing the instruments. Just mids on the guitars, the toms sound atrocious, the drums have no life, everything is too compressed so it sounds dead. The multi band compression especially shows in the lower region of the spectrum where you get a constant level of bassier frequencies. How is anything, like a tom fill, or a segment, going to be able to stand out with that level of multi band compression?

Vinyl will probably sound slightly better because of less compression, but the source mix still isn't that good, so the end result won't be great in any format.

Last edited:
100% production issue. Very weird production choices. They have tried really hard not to have the drums/bass/vocals and the flurry of guitars to clash with eachother. What you end up instead is everything sounds too distanced from the rest. They went too far with balacing the instruments. Just mids on the guitars, the toms sound atrocious, the drums have no life, everything is too compressed so it sounds dead. The multi band compression especially shows in the lower region of the spectrum where you get a constant level of bassier frequencies. How is anything, like a tom fill, or a segment, going to be able to stand out with that level of multi band compression?

Vinyl will probably sound slightly better because of less compression, but the source mix still isn't that good, so the end result won't be great in any format.
Listening now on Spotify and I can't tell what the issue is. It sounds like a really low bit rate MP3 if I'm being honest. It reminds me of when the El Dorado single first came out and had a shitty bit-rate. I'll reserve judgment for the real thing, but as it is it's not great, I agree. Bruce sounds fucking phenomenal though!

Edit: Walmart Link is working in the US now! I'm gonna pre-order that multi-color vinyl so hard zebras will no longer be capable of sustained erections!

Hey, how many bands put out 2 live albums in a row. Pretty cool if you ask me. It sure doesn't look like there will be a video for this which is a bit upsetting though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back