Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they've heard 'Firepower' and take notes, regarding album production polishedness :notworthy: Maybe they thought 'let's make studio album this time. Real studio album.' When guitars, drums, bass and vocals are recorded separately. And an instrument playing is repeated and polished till even Adrian is happy with it. :D
[sorry for my English. By the way, 'Firepower' production definitely does not suck. It's better produced than any post reunion Maiden album, imo. No muddiness on this one!]

Oh yeah, my initial reaction to Zare's post is that no they aren't going to do anything differently production wise as they are doing it the way they want to, none of the other production decisions in the past have ever had anything to do with a lack of time.

Maiden's albums don't just have raw production they're also bit rushed out. There are small errors on both TFF and TBOS especially with guitar solos that tend to be so buried in the mix that some notes blend weirdly. Once more clear mixes of the albums came out (vinyls) it was discernible that weird blends are picking errors. Speed of Light has an error in that main pentatonic riff and the riff is copy pasted throughout the song. Piano errors in Empire. Intro synth error in Eternity.

Now, they have time to correct, overdub, retake, and do whatever.

I agree with your statement about how they roll but keep in mind that's inside the usual, "normal world" schedule, where they make couple of free months every 4 years or so and then reconvene. Probably the first band gathering "under arms" after a done tour. Bruce said they need permitting schedules and vibe, due to that vibe they became itchy to step into next phase of the cycle, which is live. So yes, it's a fact that albums get low amount of studio time by the band that has all the $ in the world that studio can ask, but I don't think it's something conscious. Rather that album is a necessity for the band's true intention which is to have a fresh live material. So now that live is under jeopardy there's space for the album work to go on.

There are also several out of the ordinary scenarios applicable here. Author makes a song for this album last year, this year he made a better song and wants the band to try it out. Say Smith did it and he had a year to muck about with it and now the 2020 version is better. The option of replacing/adding/or just modifying the album, even if we take for granted that it was done in full last year is on the table now.

Maiden's albums don't just have raw production they're also bit rushed out. There are small errors on both TFF and TBOS especially with guitar solos that tend to be so buried in the mix that some notes blend weirdly. Once more clear mixes of the albums came out (vinyls) it was discernible that weird blends are picking errors. Speed of Light has an error in that main pentatonic riff and the riff is copy pasted throughout the song. Piano errors in Empire. Intro synth error in Eternity.

Now, they have time to correct, overdub, retake, and do whatever.

You're making the assumption that they noted these mistakes and didn't fix them because of not having the time. Maybe they were happy with them, or maybe they didn't notice them or maybe they don't consider them mistakes.

I agree with your statement about how they roll but keep in mind that's inside the usual, "normal world" schedule, where they make couple of free months every 4 years or so and then reconvene. Probably the first band gathering "under arms" after a done tour. Bruce said they need permitting schedules and vibe, due to that vibe they became itchy to step into next phase of the cycle, which is live. So yes, it's a fact that albums get low amount of studio time by the band that has all the $ in the world that studio can ask, but I don't think it's something conscious. Rather that album is a necessity for the band's true intention which is to have a fresh live material. So now that live is under jeopardy there's space for the album work to go on.

There are also several out of the ordinary scenarios applicable here. Author makes a song for this album last year, this year he made a better song and wants the band to try it out. Say Smith did it and he had a year to muck about with it and now the 2020 version is better. The option of replacing/adding/or just modifying the album, even if we take for granted that it was done in full last year is on the table now.

Certainly conceivable, though I'd imagine they'd be more likely to use such material for the follow up album, such an album being a more likely scenario now with touring halted.

Kevin Shirley spilled the beans when he said he had worked on an un-named but not very secret project. The only band he was rumoured to be working with back then was Maiden.

Is it possible that what Shirley was working on back then is actually the upcoming live album?

So, a grand total of two new live songs: Where Eagles Dare and For The Greater Good Of God. I suppose that's to be expected from a legacy tour.
The cover art is fantastic... except for Eddie's face.

So, a live album it is then. Surprised there is no DVD/Blue Ray to go with it. Maybe they'll youtube the concert free for all.

@Black Wizard will be overjoyed we're getting another live album recorded in South America :D

So, a grand total of two new live songs: Where Eagles Dare and For The Greater Good Of God. I suppose that's to be expected from a legacy tour.
The cover art is fantastic... except for Eddie's face.

WED is on a Real Dead One.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back