Iron Maiden songs that you flat out dislike?

I guess I dislike every song from NPFTD to VXI with just a few exceptions, like FOTD, BQOBD, SOTC, LOTF and The Clansman. The 90s were definitively not a good time for Maiden.

The Apparition, Fear Is the Key, Weekend Warrior, From Here to Eternity, Chains of Misery, The Fugitive, The Angel and the Gambler, Hooks in You and Wildest Dreams.

Man, I like Chains of Misery and The Alchemist!

Never been too keen on Quest for Fire or Sun and Steel, and Weekend Warrior can go and hide in a ditch and never ever come out. Fear is the Key is weak, but not necessarily bad... Same with New Frontier, that was a bit of a let down.

There are no Maiden songs that I really don't like or hate. But of course they have some weak and bland songs here and there. The worst ones in my opinion are Sun and steel, The apparition and The angel and the gambler.

There are no Maiden songs that I really don't like or hate. But of course they have some weak and bland songs here and there. The worst ones in my opinion are Sun and steel, The apparition and The angel and the gambler.
Funnily enough i completely ignored Sun and Steel as a filler on a great album until i heard Anneke van Giersbergen's version which made me reevaluate it and now i think its a 7/10 at least

Reactions: obi
Man, I like Chains of Misery and The Alchemist!

Never been too keen on Quest for Fire or Sun and Steel, and Weekend Warrior can go and hide in a ditch and never ever come out. Fear is the Key is weak, but not necessarily bad... Same with New Frontier, that was a bit of a let down.

YOU!

I don't actively dislike too many songs, but off the top of my head:

Invaders because of the chorus, Gangland, Phantom of the Opera, To Tame A Land, Quest For Fire, El Dorado and most of No Prayer. Seriously, my preferred torture method would be forcing an enemy to listen to that atrocious album for hours on end.

Hooks in you, bring your daughter ..., holy smoke , mother Russia , from here to eternity , wasting love , the apparition, weekend warrior , the angel and the gambler , chains of misery , blood brothers . Very few songs that I can't stand in 16 albums and none from the first seven ones . It's obvious which maiden period I hate....

The Apparition

I can find something to like in basically every Iron Maiden song, even if I don't like the track as a whole. This is the only one I can honestly say that I hate.

Hooks in you, bring your daughter ..., holy smoke , mother Russia , from here to eternity , wasting love , the apparition, weekend warrior , the angel and the gambler , chains of misery , blood brothers . Very few songs that I can't stand in 16 albums and none from the first seven ones . It's obvious which maiden period I hate....

Love the intro to Mother Russia.
Also like TAATG, From Here to Eternity, Holy Smoke and BYDTTS.

I adore Dune, but yeah, the song is just a bunch of motifs piled up without actually saying anything. Dune is all about subtlety and philosophy and purpose.
But the music is absolutely great
I agree.
I think Alexander the Great has the same problem. Great music but really lazy lyrics. It's just a list of the guy's achievements in chronological order; probably lifted wholesale from an encyclopaedia...

I agree.
I think Alexander the Great has the same problem. Great music but really lazy lyrics. It's just a list of the guy's achievements in chronological order; probably lifted wholesale from an encyclopaedia...

They would have actually had to use a proper encyclopedia as well.
They didn't have Wikipedia in those days.
Not sure when the internet was invented though. Might have been 1987:-/

Reactions: obi
On side note - Wikipedia is not great source of data. But AtG is nice song, lyrics just don't do jack for me. Anyway as long as English is not my native language I can just "switch off" it and focus on melody of lyrics without understanding.

Back