Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

I think they bought a building to make a Hotel-Museum for Rock and Roll stars but I don't know if it works fine or not.

Andy Taylor and Rod Smallwood are behind it, but not the band (allegedly):

Andy Taylor and Rod Smallwood are behind it, but not the band (allegedly):

IIRC, Nathalie (Adrian's wife) is heavily involved with it.

Referring to the interview above, I think it's kind of sweet how, over time, Bruce has softened up towards Somewhere in Time and has expressed, and is expressing, great enthusiasm towards songs like Stranger in a Strange Land and Alexander the Great and meanwhile Steve also confesses his love towards a Bruce Dickinson song that deals with his creative restrictions in Maiden and his "divorce" from the band. :wub:

Age & time softens up some rough edges, haha! :)

As we look to see the man of sorrows
Passing knowledge to those who don't know
As we watch all our friends passing over...

IIRC, Nathalie (Adrian's wife) is heavily involved with it.
I just watched the prices of the rooms on Booking.eu (207 £ / night) and they are reasonable for a luxury hotel. :) These are not the 25000 euros for a night at the Plaza Athénée or Le Crillon in Paris. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Here we go guys. Powerslave 40th anniversairy
We expected it, but it's still like a surprise. Just the remastered album and some new art, I'm cool. Pharaoh Eddie in full length! And Eddie inside the pyramid or something. Not made by Riggs, I guess. Well, at least it's something. I would have loved some leftovers, live stuff(? as usual, Hammersmith show?), even demos or something completely unexpected like ''Losfer Words'' with lyrics wow. They could have made a comic again, but we weren't expecting anything spectacular anyway. Edit: I guess they don't have such stuff (live stuff for sure have) in the vault.

I think they will do something for SSOASS, but I wonder if they will do for SIT.

Last edited:
Yup.

I wasn't expecting anything great but even for me this is a let down. Oh well.

It would be great to get Powerslave with some additional content (demos maybe?) and / or materials. Hell, even with some gadget. But we well know that this would cost money.

Thin Lizzy and UFO did it.
Maiden could do it 4 nights Long Beach and 4 nights Hammersmith
8 Discs Box Set
I have the UFO one. It’s amazing! There is also one for Space Ritual by Hawkwind.

Even though Powerslave is my least favourite of the ‘classic 5’, I would have definitely bought a box set from this era.

Here’s hoping they do it for LAD’s 40th next year.

Back