Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

IM never disappoints with these low effort releases. lol

They have so much high quality unreleased material from this tour and still choose to release just another meh version of the studio album.

Sorry, if it was already posted. Interesting interview.

Steve is a Play Classics! Bruce Dickinson fan :D
This interview has quite interesting parts! And i haven't listened to in full yet. His choice of The Evil That Men Do as his most iconic song is very interesting and "gentlemen". This article typed that part:

Another news: the new Netflix movie, which is now number 1 on 71 countries, Rebel Ridge, starts with Number of the Beast and it's a crucial scene. Here the director Jeremy Saulnier mentions why he chose that song:

You grew up in the punk and hardcore scene, and that background has influenced all your work, especially “Green Room,” though there’s a certain black-metal sensibility to “Hold the Dark” as well. “Rebel Ridge” opens with Iron Maiden’s “The Number of the Beast.” How else did your love of music inform this film?

Music is always infused into my filmmaking. Iron Maiden was my first idea for that opening scene: how could I start with a bang, my way? Not in this contrived way where it doesn’t belong, but I wanted us to get into it, set something up, and immediately pull out the rug from under our guy, Terry Richmond. This amazing, majestic, rally-cry metal provided an emotional charge. I don’t usually do slow, creeping stuff. It’s like, “Let’s go in hard, guys.”

You can read his full answer here: https://www.rogerebert.com/interviews/fight-or-flight-jeremy-saulnier-on-rebel-ridge

IM never disappoints with these low effort releases. lol

They have so much high quality unreleased material from this tour and still choose to release just another meh version of the studio album.
There is a quote from Rod somewhere that says ‘there is no vault’. It might have been in a tour programme or liner notes.

If I am to believe that, I am disappointed with. If he is lying, I don’t see why they dig into it more often.

Since the end of the History DVD campaign, Maiden have showed so little interest in physical media and rewarding the fans who still care about their music. I couldn’t care less about a game, sunglasses or beer (although Troopers are nice). I just want them to acknowledge the fans who care about their music and history rather than trinkets and other bullshit.

For example, why the hell did they not release Maiden Japan again? They put it on streaming services. That would have been lapped up as a CD or vinyl release. They surely have the tapes for the shows.

There is a quote from Rod somewhere that says ‘there is no vault’. It might have been in a tour programme or liner notes.

If I am to believe that, I am disappointed with. If he is lying, I don’t see why they dig into it more often.
If he's talking specifically about the World Slavery Tour, it might be correct. Recording shows back then was exponentially more difficult and expensive than nowadays. Though, they must have at least the full Hammersmith gig, right? Might not qualify as a "vault", but there's some unreleased material there.

Losfer Words (Bare Minimum)

1667857701646-gif.23564

Yup.

I wasn't expecting anything great but even for me this is a let down. Oh well.

It would be great to get Powerslave with some additional content (demos maybe?) and / or materials. Hell, even with some gadget. But we well know that this would cost money.
Will people stop saying demos. Maiden dont do demos. Even if they did theres no sign of them ever releasing them. The best we can hope for from any future "anniversary" is unreleased live material. But they dont even seem want to do that.

Will people stop saying demos. Maiden dont do demos. Even if they did theres no sign of them ever releasing them. The best we can hope for from any future "anniversary" is unreleased live material. But they dont even seem want to do that.
Adrian does them technically; the intro for Satellite 15 is 1:1 one of his demos, just with added vocals.

But yeah, you won't find a demo of an entire Maiden song like Blind Guardian for example tends to do.

The curious bits from this new interview with Steve:
Well we try to keep everything quality – the artwork, the show, everything – the music though is the most important thing of all and everything is then derived from the music. The show isn’t just a show for shows sake, it has to tie in with the songs, and all the artwork is tied in as well. Sometimes it might be a loose tie-in but it all has to be connected.

Oh I get very involved. The last couple of albums the artwork took quite a while to get where I wanted it to be. It’s difficult explaining the concepts – I always think I’m talking pretty much common sense, or whatever when I’m talking to an artist. So I give them the concept and if it’s not quite there I’ll explain it. I’ll ask them to change one little thing, and they’ll change that but then change ten other things as well! (Laughs) So I’ll say “Well I didn’t ask you to change them” and you go backwards and forwards, and you get there in the end, but it’s not easy to get the ideas across sometimes. I’ve done artwork myself on a lesser level so sometimes its just a communication thing.

Yeah, I’m pretty busy. I suppose a lot of it I’ve made a rod for my own back doing two bands. But I love it. Like I’ve told people before: British Lion gets me match fit for Maiden, that’s how it works. So, it’s not like I do British Lion and I’m knackered for Maiden! It’s completely the other way around. It’s the same thing if I play football, sometimes I play on the day of a Maiden show, around midday or something like that.

Well it’s never something we’ve really ever wanted to say “This is a farewell tour” so I don’t think we’ll ever say that. Some of these bands are on Final Tour Part Ten! It’s crazy, but I’m not knocking them because its up to then what they do, I just don’t think I’d ever want to do that. But we’ll see anyway.

The first song I ever wrote? Well, I wrote ‘Endless Pit’ but I wrote stuff before that – I wrote bits and pieces. I had stuff that when I was in Smiler and even when I was in Gypsy’s Kiss, so the riff that became ‘Innocent Exile’ was the riff that was ‘Endless Pit’. So I didn’t write complete songs back then, but when I was in Smiler I did: I wrote ‘Innocent Exile’ and ‘Burning Ambition’ so they were really my first full-blown songs.

Back