Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

I reported that a little up in the forum, with quotes from the director, nobody reacted, not one emoji :( And it got quite a press coverage in the media. since the movie is number 1 in 71 countries and it starts directly with number of the beast.
I saw your comment, but haven't seen the movie yet. Didn't know it was such a success!

Where did you post that ? :blink: I'm so sorry for not have took a look on your post about this movie and Maiden. :(
Here, top of the page, second post.

Thanks for sharing.

-Steve said he thought they played better at the first shows of the tour than at the 2nd Melbourne show.
-he and Bruce reckon these are the most people they played to in Australia.
-the set has ups and downs, the vibe of the songs.
-he said that the frontman of a band should be a key vocal figure, and Bruce is a full-on frontman with great stage presence. He also does a lot of interviews and Steve is not good at it according to him.
-he never really want to do the cover of ''Women In Uniform'' because it wasn't Maiden's vibe, but it turned out ok.
-the interviewer is a big fan of ''Blood On The World's Hands'' and asked Steve if they would play it live and he said he doesn't know because it's from the Blaze era, not that it matters but they have so many songs to choose from. He enjoys playing it not only because of the intro, but he thinks it has good melodies in it. Steve and melodies, you know it! Probably not, but you never now. Ofc...
-he still got the Lado bass guitars, but they didn't feel right for him on stage.
-he thinks concept albums come naturally. They never pre-plan what they do with the music.
-the toughest moment for him in the band was probably when Bruce left. It's always tough when someone leaves the band. Try to keep the band together and continue to do your style with a very different vocalist. He said: what's the point of getting someone who sounds like Bruce... there was a couple of such people. It will end up being like a tribute band, he didn't want that. He's really proud of those albums, era and Blaze. It was a challenge, but he likes challenges.

Shared by Maiden page now. Japanese Burrn magazine. I hope it's not a hint, just a celebration of Powerslave and Future Past tour. It would be cool if we could read this exclusive interview.

Back