Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Still wondering about this...

View attachment 38637

Someone just left a copy of Powerslave on one of the faux-Egyptian sphinxes that can be found on London's Embankment next to the Egyptian obelisk (not the Gaul one), Cleopatra's Needle.

Weather was probably dry that day, because the LP does not have a protective plastic cover (it is either that or the owner is quite careless with their record collection).

Last edited:
Some shocking news coming from London...

Why is it shocking ? Because you don't have enough money to buy it?

LOL

The ONLY way to buy it is CASH BUY.

That reminded me to the first lines of Thin Lizzy's Cold Sweat song (Great great song with legendary riff and guitar solo btw)
'…I put my money on the suitcase
and headed for the big race…'

Why is it shocking ? Because you don't have enough money to buy it?
Because we all know what happen to most concert halls that have been sold : they became supermarkets, parking lots or have been destroyed...

I don't want that for the Iron Maiden's birthplace.

That's why this sale shocked me. And I hope that Iron Maiden, or at least Steve Harris, will buy it to allow this pub to continue to exist.

In doing research on early Iron Maiden venues, it is shocking how many are just gone these days. Some are empty shells, some have been converted. There's one I can't find any evidence of existing anywhere. I get that it was 50 years ago, but I do think there is simply a lot of dead pubs in the UK and here's one more.

I don't think Steve or Rod will buy it. It's surely been offered to them quietly already.

I am just thrilled I was able to go to this historic bar with my friends once.

Fans tend to overestimate the popularity a Maiden merchandising shop/museum would have. I bet Steve or Rod are not willing to lose money for nostalgia.

On a side note, I live close to London and I have never been interested in visiting those places where Maiden played at in the early days*. There’s so many more interesting things to do in the city!

* I have seen Status Quo and Deep Purple at the Hammersmith Odeon though. Does that count?

It would be great, C&H is something special in history of NWOBHM and important place for small bands and underground shows. It's not just about Maiden, local bands need the small venues to exist and continue their ectivities. It's worth fighting for...

Back