GAMES DISCUSSION - submissions welcome!

Opeth referendum?

• Total voters
I'll try voting in Nightwish, Amon Amarth, Blind Guardian, and maaaaybe Helloween. Can't make promises for any of those though. I've only heard one or two albums from each.

I'd be down for Cult. I'd skip the album Cult Classic though, for the same reason I assume we don't count The Greater Of Two Evils by Anthrax.

There'd be no reason to, it's no different than a compilation.

Fine, when I finally get to start the Cheesevivor next week, I'd do Manowar afterwards.

I was thinking of starting a concept album tournament, where 16 different concept albums, including Night Of The Stormrider by Iced Earth and The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway by Genesis. It'll play like the Tournament Of Instrumentals, minus the suggestion part.
If it's allowed, can you put in the queue?

How many people would vote in a Peter Gabriel survivor? I was thinking of hosting one. If allowed, it would be hosted before the concept album tournament.

@Brigantium @SixesAlltheway @Dityn DJ James and anyone else interested in Yes survivor: After giving it some thought, I'm leaning toward including every album up to Big Generator. I don't see the later albums doing well, but might as well include their biggest hits and Big Generator makes sense as an end point to me.

Is everybody ready for cheese? The Cheesevivor is ready to go!

44051257.jpg

I have a bit of concern about the fact that we're having two miscellaneous survivors going on at the same time. Right now it may not be problematic (perhaps I should ask that to the people who play(ed) both these games), but the idea that two at the same time is going to be kept is more worrying, when looking at the program (future survivors). The future miscellaneous survivors will probably take more attention (take the The Worst Song Ever: it sounds like a game that could have lots of people joining).

In short: right now it may not be problematic (not sure but hey let's see how it goes), but I rather not see the Worst Song Ever at the same time as the Instrumental game.

There's no need for rush.

Can I make a suggestion:

Let's do miscellaneous games, (especially when with at least one of them people need time to listen to songs to make a comparison), one at the time, as soon as one of the current ones has ended.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry too much about that, Foro. The Instrumentals game definitely gets more attention (it's also been running for much longer) than the CHEESEVIVÖR, which has no more than 7 regular players. I think our members are fully capable of playing two of these games at the same time. :)

Right, I don't suppose people would abandon one game to play another.

Cheers for the reactions guys. I do want to point out though, that I worry more about the next game(s).

When people play two (popular) games (requiring listening sessions) at the same time it could be very time consuming. Even if people do not want to abandon one, I hope they don't get into a position that they have to choose.

Back