GAMES DISCUSSION - submissions welcome!

Opeth referendum?

• Total voters
I have an idea for two more games (that would be hosted after the Cheese-vivor and the Shit-vivor (Worst Song Ever :P)).

Best epics/long songs - I'm thinking only songs longer than 7 or 8 minutes. It wouldn't require re-listening like the Instrumentals game 'cause I'd only pick the most well-known/famous songs.
Best short songs - only songs under 4 minutes. So basically only hits. And it would only be the most well-known hits.

Both of these games would feature user input like the instrumentals game, however they would only feature metal and rock songs, I don't listen to other genres, sorry :P

I'm down for both of those! I really like having the YouTube links in each round, so that I can do a quick refresher if I haven't heard the song in awhile (or at all).

I'm lost for some time now. There are so many survivors.:confused: My fault. :okok:

I'll be starting a Pink Floyd survivor the day the new album comes out. When that ends I'll start Iron Maiden! That's the tentative schedule at least, if new album details come out by then, the schedule will be adjusted accordingly.

Worst song ever will follow The Beatles album survivor, and Yes will follow Genesis. Tournament of Champions 2014 will begin either December or after Floyd ends. Will depend on how many songs I have and how far along Floyd is.

I may need a 2nd survivor to go along with Pink Floyd, if one of these isn't still going by then. Any ideas?

Now that you've mentioned the new album, the Greek gods behind the magic of Symphony X will slow Michael Romeo's songwriting and delay the album another three years. Damn you, NP!

I'm gonna open a poll for future Survivors. This won't necessarily decide which one goes next, I just wanna see how many voters some of them would get.

List:
Alice In Chains [Night Prowler]
Alter Bridge [Night Prowler]
Amon Amarth [Night Prowler]
Blind Guardian [Night Prowler]
Dio [Mosh]
Faith No More [Night Prowler]
Helloween [Night Prowler]
Nightwish [Night Prowler]
Primus [Mosh]
Queen [Mosh]
Rammstein [Night Prowler]
Soundgarden [Night Prowler]

@Mosh: I'll put Manowar and BÖC in the list if you'd like to host them.
If there's anyone else who wants to host a Survivor, tell me now, I'll open the poll in the evening tomorrow :)

Dio [Mosh]
Primus [Mosh]
Queen [Mosh]

@Mosh: I'll put Manowar and BÖC in the list if you'd like to host them.
Hmm. Forgot I was doing Dio, I'll just do that with Pink Floyd.

I'm not a huge Primus fan, so I can't guarantee I'd vote in it, but if it has enough demand I'll be happy to host it. If it's going to be one of those games with only a few voters then I won't bother.

I'm sure we can still work in Queen. Maybe it can be with the next Iron Maiden. By then we may have a new Queen album too, actually.

I won't do Manowar.

I'll do BOC if there's enough demand. I like them enough that I could probably enjoy going through their discog.

Back