GAMES DISCUSSION - submissions welcome!

Opeth referendum?

• Total voters
Not going to happen for month at least.
Go ahead and run something and I'll pick up Jan when yours is done.

Alright :) In that case, Opeth Survivor is going to start after Bruce Dickinson Survivor in a couple of days, and Janick Gers Survivor will start after Blaze Bayley Survivor :D

Doesn't matter. Bruce Survivor ain't over yet so Opeth Survivor would start only 2-3 weeks before the new album is released. And it's gonna be few more weeks after its release before it appears in the game :)

I had an idea for a unique kind of forum game. I'll try and explain the basic principles, but it's a little complex:

Basically, I'm aiming to get 8 people who have at least 7 weeks of commitment to sign up. The idea of the game is to draft 7 Maiden songs per team, and after the draft, a round robin will take place between the teams. Each team will PM their song order for each match-up (example: Wasted Years, Paschendale, Still Life, Fear Of The Dark, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, Man On The Edge, Killers will face a match-up by another player respective of their positioning) and a poll will be opened for each match, where anyone may vote their favourite songs from each pair.

Once everyone has faced one another, the top 4 finishers will face each other in semi-finals and a final.

Not sure of a name yet (Maiden League perhaps?) and I still need to get the structure down properly as well as the rules, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I'd be in, but I am on the road the next two weeks so might not be as available as I normally would until then.

After giving it some thought, I've decided to postpone the Yes survivor again. It'll remain on the backburner, but it will not be following Genesis survivor. Instead, I'll start Tool. Seems like there was more interest in that anyway. Hopefully if everything times well, Tool will end in time for Pink Floyd 2014. By then The Beatles should be finished and Worst Song Ever will be on.

Following that will be Dio, replacing whichever one of those ends first. That should take us into the new year with Maiden and Queen, and then I'll probably just retire from survivors. :p

Alright. Tool instead of Yes, Pink Floyd after the new album and the rest is too far into the future to be listed :P

Btw, I'm preparing the Opeth Survivor, should start in 7-10 days :)

I had an idea for a unique kind of forum game. I'll try and explain the basic principles, but it's a little complex:

Basically, I'm aiming to get 8 people who have at least 7 weeks of commitment to sign up. The idea of the game is to draft 7 Maiden songs per team, and after the draft, a round robin will take place between the teams. Each team will PM their song order for each match-up (example: Wasted Years, Paschendale, Still Life, Fear Of The Dark, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, Man On The Edge, Killers will face a match-up by another player respective of their positioning) and a poll will be opened for each match, where anyone may vote their favourite songs from each pair.

Once everyone has faced one another, the top 4 finishers will face each other in semi-finals and a final.

Not sure of a name yet (Maiden League perhaps?) and I still need to get the structure down properly as well as the rules, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I just need to see how many people are interested in this before I fully begin to set it up. I also have no idea whether this will queue along with the Survivors or jump the queue as a unique game (which I think is a little unfair personally).

For the record, if more than 8 people are interested, I'll be using a random generator to decide who gets in, not the first eight who sign up.

So you're going to run a game in which just a tiny portion of board members will be allowed to participate? I don't see much sense in that, to be honest.

So you're going to run a game in which just a tiny portion of board members will be allowed to participate? I don't see much sense in that, to be honest.

Everyone will be allowed to vote in it, as it follows a Tournament Of Champions like format. Also, if it ends up getting repeated, people who missed out initially will be given priority over those who competed initially.

I think I was supposed to host the greatest Iron Maiden song never played. And I wouldn't mind hosting a few other survivors.

Back