Favorite Maiden song you've never seen live

both versions are great when using The Beast Over Hammersmith version. I didn't care for the LAD one. I just slightly lean to the studio one.

I do like the LAD one. More often than not I end up watching/listening to this version, however. I like older-Bruce's voice, even if he isn't holding notes as long at times or going for the lower option. Children is certainly one I'd like to see performed live.

Favourite song I haven't seen live is Paschendale. Then Infinite Dreams.

And to think they played Revelations instead on last year's tour - a song they had played as recently as 2009.

Paschendale being dropped for Dance of Death in 2010 was also negative, although I did enjoy Dance of Death.

Oh, and @Brigantium - I, too, really like that version of Children of the Damned.

Paschendale on ff tour was outstanding. An incredible light scheme with faux explosions. Really a highlight of the night. Translated even better in the outdoor show I thought at irvine meadows. They nailed it musically and the crew/ special effects team added another dimension. Would love to see pfd again!!

Favourite song I haven't seen live is Paschendale. Then Infinite Dreams.

And to think they played Revelations instead on last year's tour - a song they had played as recently as 2009.

yep. They rehearsed Infinite dreams and went with Afraid to shoot strangers in 2012. Then they changed it in 2013-2014 to Revelations. rather odd decision all around

yep. They rehearsed Infinite dreams and went with Afraid to shoot strangers in 2012. Then they changed it in 2013-2014 to Revelations. rather odd decision all around

I started to get hopeful during the show last year, when Bruce told they were not going to play ATSS this time around (hoping they would finally have brought in Infinite Dreams). Revelations was a bit of a let-down then (although I like that song and enjoyed it).

I started to get hopeful during the show last year, when Bruce told they were not going to play ATSS this time around (hoping they would finally have brought in Infinite Dreams). Revelations was a bit of a let-down then (although I like that song and enjoyed it).

I went to shows in 2013 on the second round and was baffled hoping for a change I would like from 2012

So, what would be your favorite IM song that for one reason or another you've not seen live yet? For me it would have to be Wrathchild

J/K

Actually, there are several that I haven't seen live, either because they did not play them, or they did not play them on the tours that I saw.

Rime of the Ancient Mariner: I didn't get into Maiden until 86 or so, and had not seen them live until the FotD tour. I really wanted to see them on the Somewhere Back in Time tour, but they did not play in the SouthEast US, and circumstances prevented me from making a road-trip.

Stranger in a Strange Land: Again, circumstances prevented me from seeing the Ed Huntour gigs in 1999 when they broke that out. Plus, they only played that song for the first few weeks of the tour, and I don't believe it was played in Chicago, which would have been my best opportunity to see them.

Paschendale: Not seeing this one live is the biggest reason I was disappointed they did a bare-bones US run for the Dance of Death album.

Out of the Shadows: Missed the AMOLAD tour.

Isle of Avalon: My favorite from the Final Frontier album, this would really have been an awesome live song.

Hooks in You & Holy Smoke: Two very good songs from the No Prayer for the Dying album. I had tickets to see that show, but a conflict came up regarding my student Housing, and I had to stay in town to deal with it.

22 Acacia Avenue: I've ranted about this on another thread, but I was very disappointed they didn't bring this song to the US during their 2003 "Give Em Ed" tour.

Alexander the Great: No explanation needed.

So what are the favorite songs by IM that you missed seeing live?

I have to laugh. You're asking us for one song and you listed 10. Lol!
You picked a lot of good ones, but for me, that one special song would be Rime Of The Ancient Mariner. Such an epic song to accompany a great story from a classic writer. I actually didymium 12rh grade English Term Paper on Samuel Taylor Coolridge because Maiden amd that song. I was just getting into Maiden heavily around Powerslave. That album actually cemented me into a true fan, but I missed them on that tour when they came to New Orleans. I finally caught them in 88 for Seventh tour of a seventh tour, but 7th son was the epic song for that tour.
I must admit that I wasn't fond of Phantom of the Opera much until I experienced it live on the Maiden England show in Houston! Another great song live!

I would have to say Children of the Damned. I could be wrong, but I believe the last time that was played in the states was on the somewhere in time tour. I know they played it at the download '07, and if I"m not mistaken on some of the early days' '05 tour. I really felt that belonged on the '08 tour. I would've been happy if they swopped out can I play with madness with children of the damned.

Journeyman

I was robbed of seeing it.
I made the trek to NY in 2004 to see the Dance of Death tour.
After a 12 hour bus ride there. And all the headaches involved. Some idiot threw a beer on the soundboard so we got no encore :censored:

And, to make a bad situation worse, it then took us 20 hours to get home.

That's a real bummer. I missed that particular show but I was at the 2 others. And made the trip out there to the 4th show in the snow only to find out it was cancelled. But I live in NY so I can't complain. I would say that was my least favorite Maiden tour that I've seen. But that's all a matter of preference. I like the Dance of Death album, but it's one of my least favorites.

Still Life is my choice. I don't think it has ever been played in the US, even on the apiece of Mind tour. Flash of the Blade might be interesting too. Or maybe not.

Back