Favorite Maiden song you've never seen live

So, what would be your favorite IM song that for one reason or another you've not seen live yet? For me it would have to be Wrathchild

J/K

Actually, there are several that I haven't seen live, either because they did not play them, or they did not play them on the tours that I saw.

Rime of the Ancient Mariner: I didn't get into Maiden until 86 or so, and had not seen them live until the FotD tour. I really wanted to see them on the Somewhere Back in Time tour, but they did not play in the SouthEast US, and circumstances prevented me from making a road-trip.

Stranger in a Strange Land: Again, circumstances prevented me from seeing the Ed Huntour gigs in 1999 when they broke that out. Plus, they only played that song for the first few weeks of the tour, and I don't believe it was played in Chicago, which would have been my best opportunity to see them.

Paschendale: Not seeing this one live is the biggest reason I was disappointed they did a bare-bones US run for the Dance of Death album.

Out of the Shadows: Missed the AMOLAD tour.

Isle of Avalon: My favorite from the Final Frontier album, this would really have been an awesome live song.

Hooks in You & Holy Smoke: Two very good songs from the No Prayer for the Dying album. I had tickets to see that show, but a conflict came up regarding my student Housing, and I had to stay in town to deal with it.

22 Acacia Avenue: I've ranted about this on another thread, but I was very disappointed they didn't bring this song to the US during their 2003 "Give Em Ed" tour.

Alexander the Great: No explanation needed.

So what are the favorite songs by IM that you missed seeing live?

"Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner", "Stranger in a Strange Land", "Sea of Madness", "To Tame a Land", "Where Eagles Dare" and "Total Eclipse".

Paschendale, Rainmaker, The Longest Day, BTATS, Lord of Light, Different World, Sign of the Cross, Infinite Dreams, CSIT, SIASL, Where Eagles Dare and Remember Tomorrow. If we're talking unplaced at all, you can add Alexander to that list.

Would love to hear Stranger in a strange land live. Gutted they didn't play Infinite Dreams on the recent 7th Tour re visit, as I missed the original tour.

Same. I know I sound like a broken record, but the Maiden England tour as a whole was such a letdown.

Everything from Somewhere in Time excluding HCW and WY (heard them more than once)
Infinite Dreams
To Tame a Land
Purgatory
Charlotte the Harlot
Still Life
The Thin Line Between Love and Hate
No Prayer for the Dying
Fates Warning
Back in the Village
Transylvania

I'm sure I've posted on a thread like this before, but of the ones they're likely to play live, I really want to hear Children of the Damned.

In order:

Sea of Madness
Infinite Dreams
Deja-Vu
The Unbeliever
The Duellists
Genghis Khan
Only the Good Die Young
Alexander the Great
Caught Somewhere in Time
Mother Russia
To Tame a Land
Transylvania*
The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
Virus
Run Silent Run Deep
The Fugitive
Isle of Avalon
Fates Warning
Judgement of Heaven
Purgatory
Starblind
Public Enema Number One
Flight of Icarus
That Girl
Childhood's End

* The only one I missed since I am into Maiden. The rest was played before that, or never played.

Last edited:
'Where Eagles Dare' for me. I didn't see them for the first time until the end of 2006 so I missed the tour where that song was performed. :(

Still life. The quintessential maiden song in my ears. I really expected it to be busted out once more on maiden England this last Time around. I hope I wasn't ... 'Endlessly decieved'...

I've seen them 3 times live, 2008, 2011 and 2013. (That would be Somewhere Back in Time, The Final Frontier and Maiden England tours.)

The songs I would have loved to see them play are, in order of descending importance:
  • "Lord of the Flies"
  • "Lord of Light"
  • "Caught Somewhere in Time"
  • "Judgement of Heaven"
  • "Sea of Madness"
  • "The Legacy"
  • "Starblind"
  • "Thin Line Between Love and Hate"
Of those, "Judgement", "Starblind" and "Thin Line" has never been played live as far as I know. It is perhaps also interesting to mention a few favourite songs that I have seen, so here's that list: "The Talisman", "Dance of Death", "Blood Brothers", "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son", "Afraid to Shoot Strangers", "Wasted Years" etc.

I think most people on this forum would agree that varying the setlists isn't one of their stronger points. I'm not asking for Metallica or Springsteen-levels of variation, but for a band stating they don't want to become a cabaret act again and again, they look very close to one. Playing all of A Matter of Life and Death was a fresh move I wish I had seen, but they can't expect to live on that for almost ten years. To their defence, they do treat new (and new-ish) material quite well, it's more about the endless history tours in-between with little to no variation despite them being supposed to represent a very specific time period.

Back