Death Or Glory

How good is Death or Glory on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Dino-Rider-Julius-paul-frank-764699_1280_1024.jpg

But seriously, I like the song. Not great, but really good.

Still fun.
Curious to see what the PLayClassics crowd thinks of this one.
Would have been a huge hit in the 80s.

In a Bruce interview in another Dutch magazine which I haven't bought, but just read through (quickly) yesterday, Bruce said he is a big admirer (or fan, I forgot the exact word he used) of Anthony Fokker. But he finds it unbelievably that a Dutch aircraft manufacturer (or other words in that vein) had sold military planes to Germany!

Am I the really the only one who considers the chorus to be flat-out horrible?

I'm sorry, people, but Death Or Glory seems to be yet another filler doomed to skipping.

4/10

Love the bridge, love the chorus, absolutely killer solo by Adrian. One rough loud real MAIDEN song. 9/10

Absolutely love the chorus. This song could easily been on there first two albums. Classic uptempo Maiden rocker!!!
Hope we get to hear it live.

Am I the really the only one who considers the chorus to be flat-out horrible?

I'm sorry, people, but Death Or Glory seems to be yet another filler doomed to skipping.

4/10

I agree with your rating and the "Aces low" review. It's my least favourite song of the album and the only song I skip. When I noticed the subject matter I already thought "Not again", only to be even more disappointed by the low quality of the lyrics. The music and melody of the chorus is nothing to write home about either. A shame really, since the rest of the music is very good.

I mainly like this song because of its vocal melodies.

Turn like the deeviiiiil
Shoot straight from the suuuuuun

(If I could pick one moment on the album showing how I like "my" Bruce singing at his best, it's gotta be during this word "sun": awesome, powerful, cool sounding Bruce)
:edmetal:

The riffs are nice too.

Last edited:
Back