Death Or Glory

How good is Death or Glory on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Fun song, I really like it. It's probably going to be played live. Pre-chorus is great, I love it. The rest is quite good too, but I don't like the intro riff that much. I was wondering which would be the better single: Death or Glory or Speed of Light. I think Speed of Light is a little bit more intriguing and works better as a standalone song, so it was a good decision.

I have nothing to add, really. Good song, but not groundbreaking. I was hoping for some strong leads and fast tempo, like in Aces High, but unfortunately I didn't get that. ;)

I guess that monkey business will be either hated or loved. Personally I think its more fun than embarrasing, so...another great song of this great album.

On the tops with best songs on the album for me. Could easily be on the Powerslave.

Imo that monkey line is badass to the bone! Military "jargon" is cool addition and when you think about those warmachines climbing like animal, fast and with ease, I can see the picture

I guess that monkey business will be either hated or loved. Personally I think its more fun than embarrasing, so...another great song of this great album.
I would LOVE to sing that with others on next tour. Just for shit and giggles. :D

one of the best of the album for me - i love that 80's feeling in the bridge! I find myself playing it as the album opener more often than not

This one's a grower. It's one of the least good songs on the album (9th best, or 3rd worst :p), but still pretty good. Chorus brings it down though, pretty basic and uninspired. But everything else is pretty good, especially the pre-chorus. Don't mind the monkey part :D

I can't really say whether this song is good or bad. People comparing it to Aces High or Tailgunner are mad, absolutely nutters. It's got a similar theme, not a similar style. Reminds me more of something from Killers than anything else, just a lovely, violent riff that makes me think about a barely flyable canvas kite spinning through the air. Fun song, absolutely fun.

And I love the climb like a monkey lyric.

This has got one of the best riffs on the album. Maybe one complain would be that the chorus is a bit monotonous towards the end. Maybe a lick like the one underneath the last chorus of IESF would help. But this is just a minor issue. I think it is quite good. If the production was a bit more powerful.....

The way Bruce sings the chorus in this reminds me of Myles Kennedy singing one of the songs from Slash's solo efforts, can't remember which song (maybe Back From Cali from Slash?), but the first time I heard it, it definitely reminded of this.

I love the way this song bounces. It's got a beat to it that reminds me more of Di'Anno era Maiden than anything else. Fun song. I do like the pre-chorus way better than the actual chorus though. Love how the intro kind of sounds like a spiraling plane in the air.

Hilarious lyrics :D

Took a bullet in my brain
Inside I’m the king of pain
Outside you will fear my name
I ride a blood red triplane

Turn like the devil, shoot straight from the sun
Climb like a monkey out of hell where I belong

Back