Coronavirus

People in our great capital are now vandalizing the Churchill memorial statue. And all because of this virus.
I mean, vandalizing the Churchill statue is actually kind of a tradition for protests, it's happened several times, including during pro and anti Brexit protests.

I was at both of those and do not recall Churchill being a target.
Know what? I'm mistaken. I misread an article. Previous recorded vandalizations were in 2007 and 2000, with rumours of vandals at other protests. I tip my hat.

I think it's the BLM protests and not because of the virus.
Yes, I seem to believe that the people are upset that Churchill was a massive racist who is nevertheless regaled as a hero.

Non-essential shops in England are reopening today with social distancing measures. I've seen photos of people queuing to get into Primark and TK Maxx of all places. I'm sceptical about how social distancing will work in non-essential shops, and there's already chaos on Oxford Street in London (from BBC live updates):

1592215014997.png

1592215043293.png

:facepalm:

And that's not Black Lives Matter protesters looting the Nike store, it's customers desperate to get in and photographers likewise ignoring social distancing guidelines. Idiots.

I won't be going to a "non-essential" shop for quite some time. I've been coping fine with deliveries anyway.

Back