Coronavirus

No new Covid19 deaths for the second day running in Northern Ireland and Scotland. For the UK overall it's less than 100 now. I really hope these BLM protests haven't sparked things up again.

The malaria drug - hydroxychloroquine - which Donald Trump is taking to ward off Covid19 (despite having no symptoms) is looking highly unlikely to have any meaningful affect on the disease. The study proclaiming its benefit has been retracted by its authors after it failed peer review (I think it was something about the company which produced the drug being unable to provide data on a control study or something) and one of the authors has left his post at a university.

I thought the one being retracted was the one that concluded the drug was harmful? Or has there been another study being retracted now?

Seems being in a hurry is not the best way of producing quality research papers ...

I thought the one being retracted was the one that concluded the drug was harmful? Or has there been another study being retracted now?

Seems being in a hurry is not the best way of producing quality research papers ...
You are correct. The study that was retracted claimed that this drug increased the risk of death. My mistake.

In other news, there is some suspicion that the initial outbreak in Wuhan may have started in late summer or early autumn. If this is the case then it matches with the virus making it to Europe before Christmas.

Poland is rising again with numbers of new cases.

- We are opening everything we can
- Masks are required only in shops and mass communication BUT only 60% of people are wearing them in these places (I spend 4H in shopping mall on weekend, counting people in shops for my work. This is one of my observations.)
- gathering of max. 150 people are allowed
- many companies are now going back to offices (ie. my company, I will sit with 6 people at 1.5m distance now)

It seems that economy prevail to health. Don't matter how many people die or get infected. At the end of the day we are a f***ing number.

After a series of several days with the number of new cases hovering around 18-20, yesterday we had a total of 82 new cases.
The reason - several employees in a toy warehouse in a small town got infected but decided to hide it because they were scared of losing their job. They would take antipyretics every morning before going to work and, eventually, the entire staff and a bunch of relatives and neighbours got infected. Everyone is to blame here - the irresponsible employees and the stupid owner for not ensuring normal communication and a non-threatening environment.

We have now 550+ daily new cases. Government just said that soon they will stop testing some companies and numbers will decrease. Brilliant move.
I don't think stop testing companies will stop the virus because you can get in touch with other people out of work and someone who is asymptomatic could be infecting you especially irresponsable and stupid people who don't wear masks or don't wash their hands and they act like nothing has happened these past few months.

New Zealand PM stated NZ is Covid-free and will enter LEVEL 1 post lock-down to fully reopen the economy. She did, however, cautiously said new cases are likely to pop up, but they'll be ready.

Coronavirus: Government sued over care home deaths 'disgrace'.

I wondered if this might happen. Not only regarding the ignoring warnings aspect and being very slow with lockdown, but more specifically, the practice of sending people home to care homes from hospitals without doing Covid tests, or sending people to care homes who had tested positive but had 'mild' symptoms. So many cases in my area are centred around care homes, not only residents, but also staff and their families.

This week was worst since April. Avarage number of daily cases was over 400, in April we were at ~340. Reason is simple: we started opening everything and loosing restrictions before we've decreased number of cases to reasonable level.

For 'reasonable level' read 'next to none'. This isn't going to go away until there's no infectious people around, mass vaccination, or extremely efficient monitoring, testing and communication.

For 'reasonable level' read 'next to none'. This isn't going to go away until there's no infectious people around, mass vaccination, or extremely efficient monitoring, testing and communication.
Exactly. Now we can go to church, shopping mall, work, travel with no restrictions, there is a 150 people limit on meetings. We still have to wear masks in shops BUT no one is checking that. We have crowds everywhere. Maybe this is good, who knows - in one part of Poland we have very high numbers of sick people, miners, and over 90% of them allegedly have no symptoms.

Our president is organizing meetings with voters breaking all the rules that he was forcing during pandemic. Police is doing nothing of course. Here is meeting with 3000 voters from my city.5ee3bf346b6d7_p.jpg

Also, when world is occupied with Covid ruling party politicians are giving quotes like that:

Przemysław Czarnek believes that the LGBT community is not "equal to normal people". - Let's stop listening to these idiots about some human rights or some equality. These people are not equal to normal people - said PiS politician and Andrzej Duda staff member on TVP Info.

You can be pro lgtb or against them but when politicians from ruling party are saying that some group can't discuss about human rights you know that dark times are coming.

Last edited:
People in our great capital are now vandalizing the Churchill memorial statue. And all because of this virus.
It makes no sense to me personally.

Back