Coronavirus

In all seriousness, I know exactly how you feel. I live between an ambulance deploy spot and a long term care home that has been the site of Ottawa's worst outbreak. So I have had ambulances screeching down there five, six times a day at the peak. Now it's more quiet, because 85% of the home is empty (not dead, most in hospital or taken in by family members, but a lot dead).

It just dawned on me that the true origin of the coronavirus must be Liverpool, not Wuhan. It is evident from the following observation:

Until this winter, many people from Liverpool would be uttering the phrase "next year" frequently - more and more as we approached May. Now they seem to have stopped saying it - perhaps because something has given them immunity - but instead, the whole of Europe is now saying it about pretty much every major event :ninja:

Australia has been revealed as the country where panic buying was the most intense. Congratulations Australia!

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!

Oi, oi oi!

Australia has been revealed as the country where panic buying was the most intense. Congratulations Australia!

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!

Oi, oi oi!
Fake news, Chinese hoax. The U.S. has always had the best panic buying, the most beautiful panic buying. No one panic buys toilet paper better than us, believe me. We are the greatest panic buyers in the history of the world. These people saying otherwise are scum, they’re really despicable people, and we’re going to be taking care of them very soon, let me tell you.

:ninja:

It just dawned on me that the true origin of the coronavirus must be Liverpool, not Wuhan. It is evident from the following observation:

Until this winter, many people from Liverpool would be uttering the phrase "next year" frequently - more and more as we approached May. Now they seem to have stopped saying it - perhaps because something has given them immunity - but instead, the whole of Europe is now saying it about pretty much every major event :ninja:
Still more credible than the 5G Covid conspiracy theory.

So there was a rave protest in Berlin in solidarity for clubs affected by the lockdown. Thousands of people floated down the river in rubber rafts. Police were powerless to enforce distance laws. In the end they did a rave party in front of a hospital, which was exposed to loud techno music for a long period instead of getting any sort of public solidarity which would probably benefit more people than solidarity with techno clubs.

I think I'm done with society.

So there was a rave protest in Berlin in solidarity for clubs affected by the lockdown. Thousands of people floated down the river in rubber rafts. Police were powerless to enforce distance laws. In the end they did a rave party in front of a hospital, which was exposed to loud techno music for a long period instead of getting any sort of public solidarity which would probably benefit more people than solidarity with techno clubs.

I think I'm done with society.
I've come up with a great answer to this. It's Lock In. Anyone who objects to Lockdown affecting their social life is allowed to go to clubs, pubs, raves, whatever, on condition that they don't come out again until the pandemic is over.

Face coverings are now mandatory on public transport in England. I don't forsee myself using any public transport for quite some time, but I bought a mask at a local convenience store just in case.

Face coverings are now mandatory on public transport in England. I don't forsee myself using any public transport for quite some time, but I bought a mask at a local convenience store just in case.

You're early. We've had that for weeks now.

Apparently people give you hassle for being soft if you wear a mask around here. Meanwhile someone I know in another part of the country was complaining that she doesn't like to see people wearing masks in public and thinks it's 'awful'. They're ridiculously expensive and in short supply, too. I'll wear one when I have to go out but I sure as hell don't want to go on public transport for a long time, even if it means a four mile walk every day. People were being revolting on buses before the outbreak really kicked off, and I doubt that's changed.

I have a basic cloth mask. You don't need a medical one to reduce the spread of COVID. And if someone tells you you're soft, tell them "Tougher than Boris, the soft baby who almost died."

Back