Coronavirus

I've been queuing in the doctor for 20 min. just for a date and when it was the turn of the woman in front of me she says that she has Covid…Well …everybody there and the workers were very angry with the situation…WTF are thinking some people? people infected with cover has a telephone number to call…after 2 years everybody knows (except this woman and other stupid people) that you've gotta call not go and much less waiting in a queue with more people. F***!

Something wonderful just happened. I complained in the WeChat group of my building that I have no Nespresso capsules left and no less than 4 different apartments offered to give me some. In a matter of minutes.
I offered them a 250g Nutella to each, but only 1 out of 4 accepted. Pretty cool neighbours I have! :wub:

Now I have 24 capsules, set for 2 weeks at least -enough time imo for the online shopping to start functioning properly.

What’s the difference? Most of the people will catch COVID eventually.

There’s one theory circulating that says there will be new lockdowns after September in Europe in order to compensate the gas supply shortages. I hope it’s not true for you guys.

There’s one theory circulating that says there will be new lockdowns after September in Europe in order to compensate the gas supply shortages. I hope it’s not true for you guys.
This is silly. No western government has instituted lockdowns for any reason other than public health.

The theory says that there will be a new variant obviously. I don’t buy it for now, just taking note. Having said that I read somewhere in local media that there’s a new “dangerous“ undetectable Delta variant. Also that China gave up Asian games projected for Summer 2023 as “they will not be ready to open at this level”. That’s fucked up.

If another variant shows up that has massive vaccination evasion in the area of hospitalization and death, then there would need to be lockdowns. If not, I don't think we're going to change course.

Over 300 people is dying everyday in my country. Omicron is out there and There's no covered in the news. It's just numbers. No lockdowns, People are traveling and enjoying the spring or almost summer weather without masks. I still wearing mask in indoors and even outdoors and I feel like a weird guy. Well… at the end is like a big plane or two is crashing everyday but doesn't matters. :(
I don't think it will be another lockdown.

^What country?

And yeah, it's difficult to get a clear picture now of deaths caused by covid and how preventable they could have been with a few smaller precautions like mask wearing or better ventilation in public places. Very little prominent Government publicity about preventing the spread of covid, either, if anything they're pushing the 'we'll just have to man up and accept it' line more.

Around 200 deaths a day are being recorded in the UK involving people who have tested positive for covid in the last 28 days. Of course that includes people who probably didn't die of covid, but also excludes those who tested positive more than 28 days before but did die due to covid or a complication of covid.

This isn't on a par with flu, especially not at this time of year. I do accept that Covid BA4/5 exist, and are more contagious based on South African and one European study. It's just fortunate (possibly) that at this moment in time it looks like they're not any more lethal. It will cause more illness, more pressure on medical services, and more staff sickness across all types of employment, though.

In Lithuania there's around 200 cases a day and 1 death. Several weeks ago government called of mask wearing reguirement. For now (summer period) Coronavirus is the thing of the past.

My 2.5-yr undefeated streak is over. Had a cold last week then assumed that's what my family got, turns out one of them brought COVID home from work so now I've got it. Physically I'm not as bad as I was last week, but it's just completely sapped my energy.

Hey, after a 2 1/6 year undefeated streak, I passed a 80-day lockdown, took the plane and got Covid on the 7th day (of the 7th month and 7th hour) after I returned home. There's always worse!
I was just in Las Vegas last week on a family trip and am pretty sure that's where my cold came from. Was amazed the COVID wasn't from there.

Back