Coronavirus

Day 34.

No matter how well her ladyship organised and managed our provisions, sad truth is that they getting less and less.
There's something cute here: Yesterday she gave me a piece of cake that she had hid for surprise, normally I wouldn't even bother with this type of cake, but this time it was the highlight of my day, pure happiness!

What I discovered is that the things that keep you happy are those kind of things, not the absolute necessary to survive but the "abuse" items, such as capsules of coffee, cans of sparkling water etc. Thus it's important to keep having them as long as we can.
So I started to drink tea again, in order to consume one capsule of coffee every 3 days, I'm especially fond of Pu'er tea, native in Yunnan, which is the place that tea was born by the way.

Regarding the essentials, we can keep up for 2 more weeks.

Day 39

There is an announcement circulating that looks like we are getting back to (some kind of) normal soon. Soon =15 days from now at best, but it still feels good to see some light in the end of the tunnel.
When I read the announcement I almost fell down from relief + exhaustion, something like Ali in Thrilla in Manila, when he was raised to celebrate his victory before collapsing a moment later.

It looks like they understood that People are ready to break, Economy in jeopardy and Markets are loosing trust, thus they will likely abandon the zero policy with something more flexible in the future. Let's hope it's true.
It's difficult to describe how happy and exhausted I am right now.

So after been in contact with hundreds and hundreds of people during easter, either through work or at our local easter festival, it seems like everyone I know has either a cold, flu or covid. I was sweating buckets last night in bed. Can't remember that happening to me before. Feel fine today though.

A couple of my friends say they have been quite sick. One tested negative, which leads me to believe it could be the flu. After little interaction with people the last two winters I think this years flu season might hit younger people harder than usual.

Day 45

Things start to getting better. Today we could even order delivery food. At this point this is quite of a huge deal! :D
Food supplies are almost like before -though prices have skyrocketed. Only thing I'm really missing is Nespresso capsules & St. Pellegrino sparkling water bottles. City opens with baby steps. Provided no one from the building is tested positive by then, we'll be permitted to leave our apartments and walk inside our compound boundaries by 1st of May.

Yesterday they told us to go down to the garden for PCR test. Usually we refuse since we self test ourselves daily but this time we were warned that if we don't get down our QR health code will change to yellow (green -yellow -red) and we won't be able to leave the apartment on May 1st. (It would be the first time in 2+ weeks that I would exit the apartment door)

So we went down, last night it had rained and the smell of the spring was all over the place. I couldn't get enough of that. I abused my time and stayed 20 minutes down walking around my building and taking deep breaths of the blossoming nature.
Later on, I wanted some more and I took the keys of my car showed it to the guard and went to the parking to start it and maintain the battery alive (47 days idle).

Finally the night there was another pleasant surprise as the neighbour of 2 floors down gave us 30 capsules of Nespresso from her own supply.

:)

So I went down at 8:00am. I though I would be excited but actually I was feeling numb. Like I wasn't really there. Then I started walking round and round discovering all of the garden's hidden gems that until today I never bothered to explore.
I took many photos and this walk -exploration lasted for about 1 1/2 hour as I was really exploring every little corner and hidden gem. I even became friends with the cat -queen of the compound which I named Rosie (from Johnny Cash's song). Eventually she allowed me to bring my phone very close to her. I'm planning to spoil her with nice cat food from now on.

By the end of this 1 1/2 hour I started my run, a full 5k which I did in slightly less than 30' with my heart going as high as 176. Though after 2 months at home is good enough that I did a straight 5k.

When I went upstairs I started posting photos in our building's group only to see that everybody was doing the same. The first one with Rosie under the car received many praises. Quite a cute moment!

The effects of my walk start to show many hours later, when at late afternoon I begun to feel very alive and with so much energy that I had to go down again and start running again but so happy this time. I had Guns n' Roses's The Garden playing in a loop in my earphones.

Now I'm listening Somewhere in Time album and feel like I really did a travel in time :D

IMG_6285.jpg

rose.jpeg

IMG_6250.jpeg

IMG_6327.jpeg

IMG_6274.jpeg

EDIT: The time has come, the night has fallen, it's first of May and it's finally "concert" in my compound everybody's singing and trying to make noice as much as they can, you can hear a lot of kids singing and screaming wow very nice!
Some people projecting disco lights from their rooms hahah! I'll record some videos but how I wish I had a drone now!
Ok I'm leaving, I'm gonna sing /scream with them.

Last edited:
Back