Bruce Dickinson

Whatever the intention was, that doesn’t detract from the result. I think it makes him look somewhat regal.
:S ...

It did look very good on the tour though - with those frilly loose "swashbuckler" shirts the short ponytail was exactly right. It just needed a bow of black ribbon to make it perfect :bigsmile:

I actally think the marriage could hit the rocks during Download 2016 and the surrounding events...

Remember the story about that kid who was going through cancer treatment and wanted to meet Bruce? Well apparently everything was set up by Rod, but it almost didn't happen because of Paddy, who was completely possesive over Bruce and was telling the family that Bruce doesnt have time for the kid and that he never meets the fans and he won't make any exceptions.

Something like this was written by the mother of that boy. I would imagine that Rod was pissed and Bruce was pissed even more at her and wouldn't be surprised if that started this landslide.

This is speculation, but I think it's plausible, since I remember reading this on FB and being quite disgusted by Paddy's behavior described by that boy's mom.
When I read this it set off all kinds of alarm bells in my mind but I didn't want to post an unconsidered response. So here is my considered one.

We all know that Bruce and Rod (possibly for different reasons) take a special interest in the victims of cancer. And Bruce has visited kids in cancer care facilities in the past. But there are a lot of kids with cancer, unfortunately, and this one kid has been granted preferential treatment for some reason (may have been a particularly deserving case? Or possibly Mum just knew how to get in touch with Rod? I don't know). Bruce probably thought it would do no harm, and was a nice gesture.

But the thing is, after said meeting takes place and the kid (or, more likely, his doting mother) splashes the pictures all over Facebook, Instagram et al someone else is going to come along and say "my kid has cancer too - does he/she also get a one-to-one meeting with Bruce?" Eventually they'll have to start saying no, from purely practical considerations. And at that point someone is going to get really hurt. Maybe Paddy foresaw this and thought it was better not to set a potentially dangerous precedent.

Meanwhile the kid's mother gets pissy because someone doesn't share her view that her kid is inherently more important than everyone else's kids (which seems to be fairly common) and vents her frustrations on Facebook where she gets to demonise Paddy and Bruce still gets to be the hero. But however you look at it, the account as given here is biased, one-sided and uncorroborated. I think that to take it at face value would be at the very least unwise.

Last edited:
wOVw2Pd.png

Look at posters in that place. Sig Sauer next to "gun free zone".

I was getting some mixed signals too. I'd hazard a guess it is a pro-gun club though, going by the name and the rest of their Instagram pictures.

And the possible "Fuck Control" shirt. :lol:

She looks a bit like Paddy but is probably a different person. Possibly the same woman that is with Bruce in this picture taken in Sao Paulo.

Danny's right, this is not Paddy. Nor is the other woman in the other picture.

I know Bruce has been joking in recent years that 'divorce would be expensive' during his business talks.

I also know from other fans that Paddy has been very possessive and one girl complained that when they stayed at the same hotel where Miaden was, she banged on their door like a madwoman and asked them to identify themselves.

Some people suggested that the woman who organizes his speaking tours, Catwork or something like that is the instagram name, is that woman. I can't see it properly from these photos. They are all blonde.

Bruce has been wearing his ring all the tie but stopped wearing it recently.

I'm gonna see his Book Tour soon, like in 2 weeks time, maybe he will mention it?

I don't think that he lived like a monk all those years while he was married, I heard some pretty sordid stories.

When I read this it set off all kinds of alarm bells in my mind but I didn't want to post an unconsidered response. So here is my considered one.

We all know that Bruce and Rod (possibly for different reasons) take a special interest in the victims of cancer. And Bruce has visited kids in cancer care facilities in the past. But there are a lot of kids with cancer, unfortunately, and this one kid has been granted preferential treatment for some reason (may have been a particularly deserving case? Or possibly Mum just knew how to get in touch with Rod? I don't know). Bruce probably thought it would do no harm, and was a nice gesture.

But the thing is, after said meeting takes place and the kid (or, more likely, his doting mother) splashes the pictures all over Facebook, Instagram et al someone else is going to come along and say "my kid has cancer too - does he/she also get a one-to-one meeting with Bruce?" Eventually they'll have to start saying no, from purely practical considerations. And at that point someone is going to get really hurt. Maybe Paddy foresaw this and thought it was better not to set a potentially dangerous precedent.

Meanwhile the kid's mother gets pissy because someone doesn't share her view that her kid is inherently more important than everyone else's kids (which seems to be fairly common) and vents her frustrations on Facebook where she gets to demonise Paddy and Bruce still gets to be the hero. But however you look at it, the account as given here is biased, one-sided and uncorroborated. I think that to take it at face value would be at the very least unwise.

True... There is always 2 sides to evety story.

However, if I remember correctly this was organised via Chris Dale by Rod and the IM managment. This mother also explicitly said that everyone was supper friendly, except Paddy. And that she had a problem, because she acted like this in front of everyone, instead of saying this to her privaivately.

Also if this was organised by the managment and Bruce was willing to do this, Paddy had no business doing those things.

And yeah, I heard other similar stories about her too. But this one is the one that springs to mind.

But enough of that...

There was quite a few articles today that stated that Bruce will release his solo album next year. Did anyone dig into those? Do they have a reliable source?

I heard other similar stories about her too.
What, did she scratch Sharon Osbourne's eyes out?

Seriously, if you remove all the emotive words and vitriol from that account, the actual content you are left with is that Bruce and Rod had agreed to Bruce meeting the kid and Paddy wasn't happy about it. She could have had any number of reasons for feeling that way, and for all we know they may well have been perfectly valid reasons. The kid's mother drew her own conclusions.

Everyone has reasons for perceiving things in a certain way, and not everyone is honest enough to stand back and try to see someone else's point of view, or try to be objective. And just because people are posting these "stories" on the internet it doesn't follow that they are honest or objective. Or even true, for that matter.

I don't post here in ages, but I've been following the discussion and since Bruce is my favorite, I decided to pop up just to post this.

I actally think the marriage could hit the rocks during Download 2016 and the surrounding events...

Remember the story about that kid who was going through cancer treatment and wanted to meet Bruce? Well apparently everything was set up by Rod, but it almost didn't happen because of Paddy, who was completely possesive over Bruce and was telling the family that Bruce doesnt have time for the kid and that he never meets the fans and he won't make any exceptions.

Something like this was written by the mother of that boy. I would imagine that Rod was pissed and Bruce was pissed even more at her and wouldn't be surprised if that started this landslide.

This is speculation, but I think it's plausible, since I remember reading this on FB and being quite disgusted by Paddy's behavior described by that boy's mom.

I remember this thing about the kid, but If true, I don't think it's what caused the alleged divorce. Because this situation happened in 2016 during Download Festival and there are pictures of Bruce and Paddy together from as late as august 2017 on Paddy's instagram and they seemed pretty happy. I'm also almost sure that she was at Bruce's book launch in October 2017. So, If the separation story is true, it's something that happened between the end of 2017 and 2018.

But anyway I think it's useless to keep speculating about this until we have more details. Maybe he will talk about it at some point or maybe he won't. Or maybe nothing happened.

I don't post here in ages, but I've been following the discussion and since Bruce is my favorite, I decided to pop up just to post this.

I remember this thing about the kid, but If true, I don't think it's what caused the alleged divorce. Because this situation happened in 2016 during Download Festival and there are pictures of Bruce and Paddy together from as late as august 2017 on Paddy's instagram and they seemed pretty happy. I'm also almost sure that she was at Bruce's book launch in October 2017. So, If the separation story is true, it's something that happened between the end of 2017 and 2018.

But anyway I think it's useless to keep speculating about this until we have more details. Maybe he will talk about it at some point or maybe he won't. Or maybe nothing happened.
Speaking as someone whose now twice divorced, very often one thing doesn’t end a marriage, and the road to divorce is often fraught with uncertainty and indecision. Issues and resentment pile on and you find your self looking down two paths: the first is to excise yourself from a shitty situation into a lonelier and unknown future. The other is to look at someone you’ve loved so long you can’t remember your life before that person, and maybe you can make it work?

We only have pieces of a puzzle that we don’t even know the size and scope of. It’s not enough to speculate let alone come to any conclusions.

The only thing we know for sure is that Bruce can wear any damn thing he wants and make it work.

There was quite a few articles today that stated that Bruce will release his solo album next year. Did anyone dig into those? Do they have a reliable source?

They are just recycling the interview with the newspaper Clarin in Argentina, so it is just echoing Bruce saying "I am planning to finish my album", which sadly does not mean it would ever happen.

As a big fan of Bruce's solo stuff since 1994, it is somewhat sad to see him having so many priorities over releasing a follow-up to "Tyranny of Souls" when it can be argued that Maiden do only take 1/3 of his time every year...

Back