Bruce Dickinson

I actally think the marriage could hit the rocks during Download 2016 and the surrounding events...

Late 2017/early 2018 is much more plausible. Bruce thanked "Paddy, Austin, Griffin and Kia" on The Book of Souls: Live Chapter in 2017. He thanked "his family" on the Scream for me Sarajevo soundtrack in 2018.

Regarding the comments about Paddy, there is always two sides to every story and some of the fans complaining about her might not realise how much they can be pestering Bruce and his family.

Last edited:
Regarding the comments about Paddy, there is always two sides to every story and some of the fans complaining about her might not realise how much they can be pestering Bruce and his family.

Agreed, for instance, the report of the fan who seen Maiden in Paris that you posted a while back. No offence to the guy, but I can understand the band/family members being pissed off with that, I think it might be ok for a fan to bump into the band and say hello/ask for a picture but to actively seek them out get a picture and then go back and do it again severely times is borderline stalker behaviour.

ABOUT THE WIFE/GIRLFRIEND TOPIC:
But if you click on the metal voice home news website. I can read …my girlfriend (not sure of translation) WTF?
I would like to hear the audio of that interview.
ABOUT THE SOLO ALBUM: I knew that 1 week ago

Last edited:
ABOUT THE WIFE/GIRLFRIEND TOPIC:
But if you click on the metal voice home news website. I can read …my girlfriend (not sure of translation) WTF?
I would like to hear the audio of that interview.

View attachment 10651

All websites are basically echoing Bruce's comments from the interview with the Clarin newspaper.

All websites are basically echoing Bruce's comments from the interview with the Clarin newspaper.

I've even seen some use the very same interview but edited some certain parts (and used different word connected with the Paris part).
I won't be messing up on this whole thing anymore (the girlfriend/wife, disappearing ring etc it's getting a bit of tabloidy here), I have huge respect and admiration for Bruce (as always) and I will respect their privacy and private life. I wish him the best and will be waiting for the next albums and tours from him and Iron Maiden. Other than than, it was interesting interview..and yes, even though one might not be typical tabloid reader or curious glancer, any sort of news is always interesting even if it wasn't too much of our business to know.

Last edited:

We've all known it for over a year ago, as Bruce's talked and mentioned about this upcoming album on his book-tour. The media and news catches these things a bit late as always.
Hopefully the album will be actually released next year, Im definitely waiting for it but it's a bit sad as all his other activities have taken his time and concentration away from his solo-career. It's been too long time since his last solo-album (which was 2005' Tyranny Of Souls).
it's been too long, we've missed you

The audiobook is even more amusing, with Bruce in self-deprecating mode.

I read the original post that @Black Wizard pointed at and I had to reply and use this. I really enjoyed Bruce's autobiography and it was time well spent with it and then of course I bought the audio edition aswell later, I had to because I knew Bruce was the one reading it himself.
The cool thing abouth the audio-edition is that it's actually 666 minutes long:lol:
I have to remember to listen to the audiobook version aswell, the cd-box is there waiting on my shelf but I've only had time to only listen to a bit of it.
I have 3 editions of the book here, english-edition from the UK and 2 finnish-translation versions both autographed by Bruce. One I got when I met Bruce in Helsinki and other when I went to his book tour in Turku.

Hi all,

It's time to move on from this discussion. It has nothing to do with Bruce's side project or solo work. If it becomes actual news (in that it impacts Iron Maiden) we can revisit it, but this isn't a tabloid.

Appropriate moderation will be applied as needed going forward.

Thanks.

Who writes most of Bruce Dickinson's solo stuff? Is it Roy Z and Bruce just writes lyrics and sings over it? Or does Bruce also have his own riff ideas and such? As much as I adore all of Bruce's solo work, I'm not a fan of the ego behind artists having a "solo project" where they write less than half of the material.

This post is more than eighteen months old but is very relevant to the current intrusive gossiping.

Fair enough. Anyway, Bruce is the one who is now sharing details about his private life so perhaps Paddy does no longer hold the reins... :p

Either way, and joking aside, sorry for trying to shed some light on whether there is any truth in what Bruce said in an interview published in a language than you and most others here do not understand or if it was just a case of something being lost in translation. :)

Last edited:
Who writes most of Bruce Dickinson's solo stuff? Is it Roy Z and Bruce just writes lyrics and sings over it? Or does Bruce also have his own riff ideas and such? As much as I adore all of Bruce's solo work, I'm not a fan of the ego behind artists having a "solo project" where they write less than half of the material.

The credits are mostly split between Roy Z (on the albums he appeared on, of course) and Bruce. I'd say Roy comes up with the vast majority of the music and Bruce writes the lyrics and vocal melodies, though Bruce has written songs by himself so he must have some musical ideas of his own. For the Tyranny of Souls album, I recall reading that Roy sent Bruce song ideas while Bruce was touring with Maiden, I assume that means Bruce had little involvement with the music and just wrote lyrics and melodies to Roy's songs.

The credits are mostly split between Roy Z (on the albums he appeared on, of course) and Bruce. I'd say Roy comes up with the vast majority of the music and Bruce writes the lyrics and vocal melodies, though Bruce has written songs by himself so he must have some musical ideas of his own. For the Tyranny of Souls album, I recall reading that Roy sent Bruce song ideas while Bruce was touring with Maiden, I assume that means Bruce had little involvement with the music and just wrote lyrics and melodies to Roy's songs.
That is what I thought the arrangement was. Am I the only one slightly bothered by this? Again, I love all of Bruce's solo albums, they're fucking brilliant. But I also feel bad that hardly anyone outside of fandom knows who Roy Z is. He's an unsung hero, both as a producer and as a song writer.

Back