Bruce Dickinson

Am I misremembering, or isn't Laughing In The Hiding Bush a pretty personal for Bruce and also what he considers as the title track of BTP? I think Austin used to hide in a bush and was laughing, and being a kid mixed up the words. Instead of saying "Hiding in the laughing bush" it became "Laughing In The Hiding Bush". Something like that.

Looking forward to the gig tonight- saw British Lion in the Club Academy, Smith/Kotzen in Academy 2, and Bruce now in the main venue, so looking forward to completing the hattrick.

Just need Janick and Dave to do solo records.....

Hope anyone else going has a great time as well from here.

Looking forward to the gig tonight- saw British Lion in the Club Academy, Smith/Kotzen in Academy 2, and Bruce now in the main venue, so looking forward to completing the hattrick.

Just need Janick and Dave to do solo records.....

Hope anyone else going has a great time as well from here.
I saw Steve in the Club Academy too, was years ago now

The situation with Man Of Sorrows is also odd - one of his most popular songs, he has a keyboard player live now and was a single with a video back in the day.

I think it comes down to the song being structurally quite identical with Tears of the Dragon and competiting against songs like Gates of Urizen, Jerusalem and (in a way) Navigate the Seas of the Sun, which all are pretty much established live favourites at this point.

Am I misremembering, or isn't Laughing In The Hiding Bush a pretty personal for Bruce and also what he considers as the title track of BTP? I think Austin used to hide in a bush and was laughing, and being a kid mixed up the words. Instead of saying "Hiding in the laughing bush" it became "Laughing In The Hiding Bush". Something like that.
Yep, you remembered it exactly. It's a good, solid song and all, but I wonder if that sentimental aspect is what made it a live staple when he's got many, many songs stronger than that one.

Well that has to have been one of the best gigs I've seen.

Tonight's setlist variation (see Setlist fm) was not one I expected and I was extremely happy with it.

Bruce's performance was excellent - very little of his usual tricks to reduce the strain on his voice. In fact I think he only did a bit of that towards the end. The House Band are an excellent choice of musicians - great guitar work, plus Tanya and Mistheria are real performers on stage.

Also Bruce did take his hat off. His hair's shorter, but not gone!

I think it comes down to the song being structurally quite identical with Tears of the Dragon and competiting against songs like Gates of Urizen, Jerusalem and (in a way) Navigate the Seas of the Sun, which all are pretty much established live favourites at this point.
It could be. Jerusalem and Urizen are in rotation for one spot now (it was with Navigate before) so he can play Man Of Sorrows at least once.

Tonight's setlist variation (see Setlist fm) was not one I expected and I was extremely happy with it.

Bruce's performance was excellent - very little of his usual tricks to reduce the strain on his voice. In fact I think he only did a bit of that towards the end. The House Band are an excellent choice of musicians - great guitar work, plus Tanya and Mistheria are real performers on stage.

Happy to hear you had a great time!

Was a blinding gig. One of the best ive seen i a while. Bettering even some Maiden gigs ive been too. Makes me think what it would have been like seeing Maiden at smaller venues in the early days.

Back