Bruce Dickinson

My coach had a long ponytail, but when it bothered him that the hair was getting greyer and greyer, he first cut it off and then dyed it, because he thought the change in colour would be less noticeable. Who knows, maybe that's Bruce's plan?
But, ha, we see everything! :D

Cool find on the Skunkworks FB page (thanks to user Noggin Walsall):
While introducing Tanya at the beginning of "The Tower", at the Manchester show, Bruce cited
the Sack Trick song "I play bass".
:)

Was a blinding gig. One of the best ive seen i a while. Bettering even some Maiden gigs ive been too. Makes me think what it would have been like seeing Maiden at smaller venues in the early days.
I was lucky (and old) enough to see them do headline show between opening for 38 Special at a small venue in 1982. It was off the charts. One of my all time favorite gigs.

Am I misremembering, or isn't Laughing In The Hiding Bush a pretty personal for Bruce and also what he considers as the title track of BTP? I think Austin used to hide in a bush and was laughing, and being a kid mixed up the words. Instead of saying "Hiding in the laughing bush" it became "Laughing In The Hiding Bush". Something like that.
Spot on!! This was also gonna be the name of the album rather than Balls to Picasso

Good point. I don't think he will play it again (he didn't last night). I certainly hope so.

Inside The Machine is a real fun. The song has that TM/BTP vibe.

Bruce mentioned that it's one of his favorite songs, so there's a chance. Not an easy song to sing live though. The heaviest song on the album, right.
Fun fact: Bruce & I can read into each others mind & we are similar in a lot of ways.

I have no doubt that he will do it live after Aquarius and Book, but it won't be easy at all. Alchemist is a bit tricky. He is in top form.

From Skunkworks I would really like to hear: Solar Confinement, Innerspace, Back From The Edge, Inertia and Octavia.
Headswitch & Armchair hero (b-side) too

Dickinson is prompted to quip; "I'm sure Steve is biting his arm off at the moment. I'm seeing him next week - we'll talk about it".

... leaving with a promise of more UK dates next year in "bigger venues".

Dickinson is prompted to quip; "I'm sure Steve is biting his arm off at the moment. I'm seeing him next week - we'll talk about it".

... leaving with a promise of more UK dates next year in "bigger venues".
It was an awesome gig.

Finally, Maiden fans catch a glimpse of "They played X instead of Y when I attended and night after I went they played Q!!!!"
You'll be missing Steve when he's gone....

Speaking of missing, I'd give both my nuts to see/hear full Skunkworks live in small venue.
1. They've done their job.
2. Picking just one of them would leave the other one with survival's guilt and nobody wants a nut with a survival's guilt.

Speaking of missing, I'd give both my nuts to see/hear full Skunkworks live in small venue.
Yeah, this is the kind of thing that would be great fodder for a one-off performance and video release, if they were up for it.

In the meantime, this is as close as you’ll get:

Yeah, this is the kind of thing that would be great fodder for a one-off performance and video release, if they were up for it.

In the meantime, this is as close as you’ll get:
I remember borrowing Bruce's "Anthology" from the local library not even knowing what was on it.
What a pleasent surprise it was....
I only wish it was published in more traditional way (without these stop-motion effects)

Reactions: Jer
I remember borrowing Bruce's "Anthology" from the local library not even knowing what was on it.
What a pleasent surprise it was....
Yeah, I’d paid $70 for the Japanese VHS of Skunkworks Live at the time, so the later Anthology DVD set with that and all of his promo videos was a great bargain ($40-$50, maybe?) and a wonderful bit of fan service.

Back