Bruce Dickinson

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
It's not a huge issue as far as I can see, there's only 2 guitarists on 2 out of the 6 + 1 incoming albums, and it's not like there's loads of twin guitar parts, Roy will be well able to mimic Adrian's solos.

Would it be better if there was two guitarists? Yes. Is it a dealbreaker, no. At the end of the day, it's just a night out, go to these things while you can.

It's not a huge issue as far as I can see, there's only 2 guitarists on 2 out of the 6 + 1 incoming albums, and it's not like there's loads of twin guitar parts, Roy will be well able to mimic Adrian's solos.
Would it be better if there was two guitarists? Yes. Is it a dealbreaker, no. At the end of the day, it's just a night out, go to these things while you can.
Of course. Speaking of harmonies and solos, I hope the new album has more harmonies for the songs (unlike TOS), but I doubt it, not because the of the 1 guitar, but because they surely had in mind playing these songs live when they wrote them. I also want Roy to have a good amount of 2 solos in one song, either long or short. TOS only has one song with 2 solos, iirc. I expect some longer solos though.

Maybe Mistheria will play some of the solos on keytar?

He's a skilled player.

He is definitely a skilled player but I do not think keytar solos will ever be able to replace guitar solos.

On a related note, I recently went to see The Waterboys and the keyboard player, Brother Paul, was replacing some of the original melodies from fiddle player Steve Wickham (no longer in the band), using keyboards/keytar and, whilst a good concert, you could not help but feeling that something was missing from the classic sound of the band.

Dream Theater, Rush, Pantera, Motörhead, Black Sabbath... all have one guitar, maybe they can pull this off. Still it's hard to imagine. Also, as far as I know Roy Z don't do back vocals unlike Adrian or other guitarists. I wonder what this sound issue will be like, more than the setlist, interesting!..

Maybe Mistheria will play some of the solos on keytar?
More likely the harmonies. It won't sound right for solos.
That must be the main man himself
I guess the decision is more Roy's rather than Bruce's.
Also, as far as I know Roy Z don't do back vocals unlike Adrian or other guitarists. I wonder what this sound issue will be like
Not many of his songs need backing vocals (''Accident Of Birth'' certainly does). Bruce's studio double harmonic vocals won't be done live, like in the 90's.

I just hope that there is a legitimate reason like wanting to try out other arrangements and orchestrations, and not just "eh, good enough" or "it was too hard to find a second guitarist" (lol)

@Kalata For better or worse, Bruce is surely making all the decisions, not Roy Z. It is his solo career and he is the boss.
I can't imagine Bruce not wanting Adrian back in the band. Rather, it is the opposite. Dunno about other guitarist. His main ''concern'' is to sing these songs well live. As I said, the band should sound fine-to-good live with 1 guitar, like some other bands. Also, I don't think it's a coincidence the interview with Bruce from 1998 that Roy shared a few days ago, in which Bruce says that Roy brings the magic to the band.
I just hope that there is a legitimate reason like wanting to try out other arrangements and orchestrations, and not just "eh, good enough" or "it was too hard to find a second guitarist" (lol)
That's a possible reason (doubt about orchestrations, although Bruce is a fan of that), but the fans want pure metal arrangements.

Back