Bruce Dickinson

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
If I have to guess:

He will probably play half of the new album live (or even more).

From the other albums:

1990: maybe only the title track.
1994: ''Tears Of The Dragon''.
1996: not sure if he will play anything from it.
1997: title track, ''Road To Hell'', ''Darkside Of Aquarius'', ''Taking The Queen''/''The Magician'' and maybe ''Man Of Sorrows''/''Omega'' (he never played them live, but he sang a bit of them during his Spoken tour, so it's possible. MOS is a must).
1998: title track, ''The Tower'', ''Book Of Thel'', ''Jerusalem'' and maybe ''The Alchemist'' (why not, Roy likes the song a lot). The rest of the songs he played live in 1998 from the album are also possible.
2005: title track, ''Abduction'', ''Kill Devil Hill'', ''Navigate The Seas Of The Sun'' (one of Bruce's favorite songs from the album) and ''Power Of The Sun''. I personally want to hear River and Soul Intruders too.

If he rotates the setlist a bit, he can play more different songs (even BYD... TTS), but I don't expect Maiden songs because this will be a welcomed celebration of his solo career.
Man Of Sorrows will only be played if he takes a keyboard player on tour.

I really wonder if he'll play any Maiden songs... On one hand I don't want any Maiden songs, so I can hear from his magnicifent solo career. On the other hand 2-3 Maiden songs may boost the interest for the average fans/metal community/festival goers...

And during his 90's and the only tour when he was a Maiden member, he was playing only songs Maiden don't play for a while, like Powerslave, Prisoner, Flight of Icarus... But now, Maiden played them all.

Maybe he'll do Empire of the Clouds. But it would take too much time and too much production, so I don't think this'll happen...
And another mystery is If Eternity Should Fail. Early reports state that the Bruce version of this song will be on the album, is this still true and if yes will he play the song or not... Really too much to wonder about... :)

If he plays Maiden songs, I'm thinking the picks will likely be stuff that they don't exactly play often like Powerslave or CotD. I do think he'll probably do at least one Maiden tune, but obviously he's got a fair amount of solo material to draw from now so there's no reason to assume there'll be more than one or two.

I wonder if we will see a significant number of short, fast songs or if it will be an album in Harris' style.
More shorter and fast songs, but I think this time the album will have an epic or two and more songs of 5-6 minutes each (like TCW album). I expect some surprises (parts/style of songs, lengths maybe) and one amazing album from Bruce after so many years of experience. If the album has a TCW or TOS vibe, most of the songs are not (that) fast on them, which is the perfect mood for a theme like TCW. Bruce likes to have a variety.
Man Of Sorrows will only be played if he takes a keyboard player on tour.
A guitar melody can compensate for this (the piano too) or not.
Speaking of keyboard player. Imagine if Bruce decides to play Empire of the Clouds on the tour.
With Adrian it's possible, but he needs a piano, it's a special Maiden song and it's really long. If he ever plays it live, a one-off live performance in the studio or with an orchestra are probably the options. I'm not even sure if he will play IESF live, but it has its chances. I don't think he needs to add Maiden songs in the set now (in the 90's it was understandable), I'm not sure if I want because he has to play songs from TOS too (and his overall great solo albums), but if it's a rare Smith/Dickinson song, yes for sure. A Maiden song or two will be a great bonus for the fans.

Maybe he can will play Flash of the Blade, a song neither him or Maiden played from the songs he is the sole writer. I don't think he will play songs like CotD, Revelations, Flight or other songs he did before, since Maiden played all of these during 2000's. And yes, Empire of the Clouds seems impossible.

Maybe he can will play Flash of the Blade, a song neither him or Maiden played from the songs he is the sole writer. I don't think he will play songs like CotD, Revelations, Flight or other songs he did before, since Maiden played all of these during 2000's. And yes, Empire of the Clouds seems impossible.
He will take British Lion with him as the opener an Steve will join them to play Powerslave.

:ninja:

A few Bruce songs were uploaded to his YouTube channel with a new artwork with signs called Tears Of The Dragon - The Hits?

What is this? New compilation? There is a circular artwork with something behind Bruce in the new promo poster for the album. Could they be related? They don't look alike.

I wonder why RockHard specifically says the album will be released in spring 2024? I thought it was just announced for early 2024, or what have I missed?
Spring months coming out most likely March which makes sense, it wasn't being released in Jan or Feb.

A few Bruce songs were uploaded to his YouTube channel with a new artwork with signs called Tears Of The Dragon - The Hits?

What is this? New compilation? There is a circular artwork with something behind Bruce in the new promo poster for the album. Could they be related? They don't look alike.

probably he is giving hints of which songs to be played. a message like: if you don't know back from the edge go listen to it. but i hope he has more songs from chemical and tyranny and accident. wonder if he will play the new album in complete... since 6 "other" songs are so few... and there are many many "hits" to be heard live...

Hi everyone. I didn't see this mentioned anywhere here, but... are we sure the name of the new album will actually be "The Mandrake Project"? When the Senjutsu campaign started, all we had was "Belshazzar's feast", which was a clue for the first single, not an album name.

Last edited:
well it says:
Entitled The Mandrake Project it sees him reunited with long-time musical collaborator and producer Roy Z.

The Mandrake Project will be Dickinson’s seventh solo album and his first since Tyranny Of Souls in 2005.

Hi everyone. I didn't see this mentioned anywhere here, but... are we sure the name of the new album will actually be "The Mandrake Project"? When the Senjutsu campaign started, all we had was "Belshazzar's feast", which was a clue for the first single, not an album name.
The "project" part threw me too, feeling like a work in progress thing--like they're announcing it, but haven't finalized the title or the album art. Then I looked it up, and yep, "Entitled The Mandrake Project," so that was the end of that speculation for me.

There are six songs on Spotify labelled The Hits… Hits my arse!

CD 1:
14 songs, mostly metal including If Eternity Should Fail + a couple of atmospheric interludes.

CD 2:
70 minutes of Bruce going ham and ranting non-stop about Greek Cunts®™.

Back