Bruce Dickinson

Curious to see how it's going to be named and if the album cover is going to be an old painting again.
Well, I hope the title and the visual are both temporary. How lame! Waiting for almost 20 years should be rewarded with quality and food for thought. Anyway, as long as the music is good. :)

Wow. This is indeed really heavy. Roy hinted at that. We are now waiting for more hints!

Weird album title for Bruce again, but I like the mystic sounds and the sort of ''alien pyramid'' visuals a lot. The production sounds great.
The pyramid and the blue gate below reminds me of Stargate, the egyptian theme and characters of the movie and the color of the circle gate. ;)

Which Bruce solo album should I start with? I haven't heard any of them.
1. The chemical wedding, Accident of birth - great heavy metal albums.
2. Tyranny of souls - good metal album, a bit cut and paste-ish I think.
3. Scream for me Brazil - good metal live album
4. Skunkworks - Alternative rock with excellent vocals.
5. Balls to picasso - A little all over the place, a few good songs.
6. Tattooed millionaire - Silly rock album, also with a couple of great songs.

EDIT - forgot the best of album! That one is of course a good start as well, the two exclusive tracks are amazing. The second disc version have a couple of gems to

Last edited:
Bruce mentioned that they've worked on the songs over the years, but I'm assuming the vocals were recorded recently.
Otherwise it would've been fascinating to have an album that features Bruce's pre- and post-cancer voice.

According to this Spanish webzine, he will be touring in Europe in 2024 and they mention that he will probably play at two Spanish festivals.

I hope that does not mean there will be only one UK gig at Download festival.
Perhaps that was Bruce's intention all along with his subtle hints at shows next year ahaha. Maybe Maiden are not heading to Europe in Summer 2024 but in fact Bruce is for a stack of dates as that article implies.

It really does sound like Bruce has a pretty big year planned for solo dates, so I can see Maiden just doing the usual NA / South American stops Late May through Late July only.

Perhaps that was Bruce's intention all along with his subtle hints at shows next year ahaha. Maybe Maiden are not heading to Europe in Summer 2024 but in fact Bruce is for a stack of dates as that article implies.

It really does sound like Bruce has a pretty big year planned for solo dates, so I can see Maiden just doing the usual NA / South American stops Late May through Late July only.

I won’t be happy if Bruce’s only UK date is at Download festival. The bloody Brexiteer would better do an extensive tour of this sceptred isle!

yes, but looks like the only "valid" opinion here is recommend one of the 2 records with AS.

I beg to differ. As someone who started buying Bruce Dickinson’s solo albums when he could not even get arrested (1994), I’d say that all his work is worth listening to. I found Tyranny of Souls quite underwhelming when it was released in 2005 (I think it is a bit hit and miss), but I still think it is a very good metal album.

Reactions: Jer
Back