Bruce Dickinson

New album will be The Chemical Wedding II of some sorts. :eek:

a. Bruce knows that TCW is his Crown Jewel.
b. He clearly loves all that mystic alchemy stuff. And as we all know Mandrakes are very well tied with alchemy/elixir of life etc. His love for this stuff is as old as: "Moonchild, hear the mandrake scream" And even older, just look at Revelations lyrics.
c. Judging by 10 sec sound snippet - guitars definitely echoes TCW.

I hope this is not the cover art. So far, judging only by the album title, I am very happy. And... and you can't go wrong with the pyramid, at least in metal. :D

Last edited:
That it not the cover for the album. According to Leana on instagram lol
So an old painting again, Mandrake? I would have liked if the pyramid was the cover. It should be related to something.
The album title is weird, but it catches the attention and it's mystical.

No confirmation one way or the other about Adrian’s involvement right? IMO if he is involved they would have said so in this press release, but the whole thing is pretty vague so who knows.

I don't think you can even take for granted Roy being on the tour, he didn't do the Chemical Wedding tour

Sherlock Holmes would say.... Long time ago, Tobias Sammet was immensely impressed by Bruce's TCW.... This materialized in Edguy's album Mandrake. When Bruce listened to title song, he was also very impressed and... voila! twenty something years later The Mandrake Project will be released. Case Closed :)
p.s. Edguy's Tears of a Mandrake is a great song

Last edited:
Sherlock Holmes would say.... Long time ago, Tobias Sammet was immensely impressed by Bruce's TCW.... This materialised in Edguy's album Mandrake. When Bruce have heard title song, he was also very impressed and... voila! twenty something years later The Mandrake Project will be released. Case Closed :)
p.s. Edguy's Tears of a Mandrake is great song
Sherlock Holmes is probably turning in his grave right now.

Sherlock Holmes would say.... Long time ago, Tobias Sammet was immensely impressed by Bruce's TCW.... This materialised in Edguy's album Mandrake. When Bruce have heard title song, he was also very impressed and... voila! twenty something years later The Mandrake Project will be released. Case Closed :)
p.s. Edguy's Tears of a Mandrake is great song
The whole album is very good. I believe one of the songs even has lyrics that mention the chemical wedding.

Back