Bruce Dickinson

He didn't say that, read my post again please. He said that were propably going to record some demos this spring.
What I meant was that Bruce will record vocals for all songs (whether they are ''old'' or brand new) nowadays - this year, next year... that's what I understood from his answer. And the comment I quoted was about Bruce's voice. The demo tracks he will probably record this spring are the brand new songs he has written with Roy now, I think.

Finally I get to finish reading the German Metal Hammer from February 2022.
An interview with Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull):
My translation:
"... Just a few days ago I got an email from Bruce Dickenson from Iron Maiden asking me if we could do something together for a Christmas concert next year.
I was and am always open for cooperation. I've worked with Heavy Metal types, punks as well as a few New Wave and Synth Pop people over the years and never turn down an offer because of musical reservations. If someone asks me to play on their album or at their concert, I always seriously consider it, even if it's not my music. That's what makes it interesting. It's more challenging to play someone else's music."

278905843_423791596224097_6074165994499579130_n.jpg278972622_423791639557426_4733871662981130380_n.jpg278879510_423789312890992_2652250363944121470_n.jpg

wait for you all to hear the fruits of our collaborative efforts.
Love and peace to all!
1f918_1f3fc.png

Finally I get to finish reading the German Metal Hammer from February 2022.
An interview with Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull):
My translation:
"... Just a few days ago I got an email from Bruce Dickenson from Iron Maiden asking me if we could do something together for a Christmas concert next year.
I was and am always open for cooperation. I've worked with Heavy Metal types, punks as well as a few New Wave and Synth Pop people over the years and never turn down an offer because of musical reservations. If someone asks me to play on their album or at their concert, I always seriously consider it, even if it's not my music. That's what makes it interesting. It's more challenging to play someone else's music."
... Just a few days ago I got an email from Bruce Dickenson from Iron Maiden asking me if we could do something together for a Christmas concert next year. This year, because the interview was done in December. There is an interview video where he talk about this.

Now I'm getting more convinced that we will be hearing Bruce's new album at some time.

Now I'm getting more convinced that we will be hearing Bruce's new album at some time.

In 2025, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the release of the previous one.

Expected wait for the next solo album has reduced from 10 years to now only 6.5 years!

:lol:

Don't know if you have heard about Aesop's fable The Singer Who Cried Solo Album.

There was once a singer who, over the years, talked and talked about his new solo album. Every time he opened his mouth his fans listened, eagerly awaiting its release. However, the album was never released, to the point that nobody believed the singer anymore.

And the moral of this story is that you should only believe about the existence of that solo album the day it gets released.

Aesop's fable The Singer Who Cried Solo Album.

There was once a singer who, over the years, talked and talked about his new solo album. Every time he opened his mouth his fans listened, eagerly awaiting its release. However, the album was never released, to the point that nobody believed the singer anymore.
It's also the King Diamond's favorite fable :lol:

I know what I wanted, or expected, or hoped for, whatever, in 1990: an album more complex and more sinister than Seventh Son, awe-inspiring occult horror on a cosmic scale that would make your blood freeze and your head fall off from headbanging.
Then I got NPFTD.
My own fault, I know.
Been thinking about this quote for a while and that's led me to a question: did any of Bruce's solo work move somewhat in the direction you wanted to see post-Seventh Son Maiden head to? Cuz personally, Accident of Birth is a wicked record and maybe isn't as horrifying or complex as you wanted, but the themes are among the most mystic anyone in the band ever assembled.

Been thinking about this quote for a while and that's led me to a question: did any of Bruce's solo work move somewhat in the direction you wanted to see post-Seventh Son Maiden head to? Cuz personally, Accident of Birth is a wicked record and maybe isn't as horrifying or complex as you wanted, but the themes are among the most mystic anyone in the band ever assembled.

I am not @Magnus but my answer would be summarised in three words: The Chemical Wedding

Well I only heard them years after they were released and when I was into entirely different stuff already.

I've always viewed Accident Of Birth as a Seventh Son Part 2 - a kind of natural progression. The songs are the most Maiden-esque.
I find it surprising (though I love the album). AOB is a bit patchy to my taste, like TOS and unlike TCW, Skunkworks, and to a lesser extent, Balls to Picasso.

AOB is a bit patchy to my taste, like TOS and unlike TCW, Skunkworks, and to a lesser extent, Balls to Picasso.
Interesting. I personally think that while AOB isn’t as consistent as TCW, it’s still very consistently great overall. Skunkworks is also strong, but I’m not the biggest fan of “Dreamstate” and “I Will Not Accept the Truth”. BTP meanwhile is probably my least favorite Bruce record, and “Fire” is his most forgettable album song.

Back