Bruce Dickinson

Wonder if Bruce is working on his solo album now.
Most probably, yes. He finished his one man show tour (for now) and as he said many times, the next thing he will do is to meet with Roy and work on his solo album. Maiden's rehearsals for LOTB tour will start at the end of this month, so he has three weeks to write and record.

Come to think of it, this period of time will be the only one this year in which he will be able to work calmly and concentrate only on his solo album. Maiden's tour will start at the end of May, but I guess he will not want to sing/record before a 5-month tour. The tour will end in October, but he needs a good rest after it and to spend the holidays with his family. For next year, I guess Maiden's album tour will start in February or March, so I think he can release the album at the end of 2023 (because Maiden will be busy again in 2024). Although TOS was recorded while he was on tour with Maiden.

Last edited:
A funny anecdote by the former Arakain's singer Aleš Brichta (Arakain is a czech band) about how he managed to make Bruce Dickinson drunk in 1993.

"We visited some žižkov's pubs and then I brought him to the 'Salto Mortale' release party in the night-club Orient. We got drunk the day before and during this party we ended completely dead. The next day in the morning I brought him in the studios of Radio Bonton where the presenter Ota Stella asked him what he likes the most in Czech Republic. And Bruce told back that he loves czech vegetables. We got bottles of Becherovka and Bruce asked me what are the ingredients. And I couldn't remember how to say 'herbs' in english, so I said the word 'vegetables'. So he used this word and Ota didn't understand what Bruce meant. Ota thought that Bruce did like pork with carrots..."

Nevertheless, I think Bruce is "singing" false. The notes are not quite the same as the song on 'Tyranny Of Souls' album... He shouldn't sing a capella...
I see your point, but hey this is a 63 year old man singing after having entertained the audience for nearly 3 hours by himself.
Besides, I would rather hear him sing any song from 'Tyranny Of Souls' imperfectly than say, a perfect 'Let It Be' which he apparently did sing instead of his solo stuff once (or more), much to the disappointment of some hardcore fans :lol:

About Bruce's new solo effort. Is it going to be an album with songs recorded by Bruce years ago and a few new tunes? If yes, then it is going to be weird to hear "different" Bruces. Same vocalist but different voice and texture. Normally we get to hear those differences in a compilation but not on a regular album. Interesting.

Nevertheless, I think Bruce is "singing" false. The notes are not quite the same as the song on 'Tyranny Of Souls' album...
To quote Bruce: ''If you're going to do a cappella, the big challenge is doing it after two hours of talking, which is terrible for your voice and all the rest of it. I sort of warm my way into it. The worst thing is trying to start in the right bloody key, because I've got no note to take it from. So I have to kind of do it from muscle memory, which works quite a bit of the time. When I did ‘Kill Devil Hill’, I actually had to take the thing a half step down in the middle of the chorus because I realized that some of the verse was in the next key up. It's kind of winging it, I don't do the whole song, I just do sort of like 30 seconds or so of it''.
About Bruce's new solo effort. Is it going to be an album with songs recorded by Bruce years ago and a few new tunes?
He said that he will record the vocals on the finished tracks now. He certainly has some songs written and demoed years ago (probably since 2015, like IESF) for the album and as we know from him, he is still writing more new songs.

Back