Adrian's Solo Discography Ranked - The Complete List

73. Kid Gone Astray
A.S.A.P.
Average Score: 6.08/10
Silver And Gold 1/10

Our first album track takes a fall, this one from Silver And Gold. I'm kind of shocked to see this one go so early, since I don't think it's the worst song on the album, and I think there are far worse tracks still in contention from Urchin and Psycho Motel; but what are you gonna do?

Kind of surprised that there weren't more historical comments about this song -- just a lot of downvotes in the survivor threads from 2013 and 2017.

Comments:
I love the dark musical twist in the verse and how it plays off the happiness of the rest of the music.
Better song than "Misunderstood".
[Praising Adrian's songwriting] kinda conveniently ignores stuff like Kid Gone Astray

Votes:
10 - 0
9 - 0
8 - 1
7 - 4
6 - 5
5 - 1
4 - 2
3 - 0
2 - 0
1 - 0

Overall:
73. Kid Gone Astray
74. (Can't) Wait
75. Just Like A Woman
76. Blood Brothers
77. School Days
78. Need Somebody
79. Get Up And Get Out
80. Madman
81. Little Girl

82. Mooncusser

Albums:
Silver And Gold 1/10
Limited Releases 4/20
B-sides 5/9

Last edited:
Is that the "Time goes, like a river she flows, make the most of what you got" song? I definitely think "Misunderstood" is worse.

72. You Could Be A King
A.S.A.P.
Average Score: 6.08/10
Silver And Gold 2/10

@Diesel 11 's "mention of death" is still in full effect it seems, as Silver And Gold takes a 1-2 punch early in the match. The votes for this track were all over the place, but with a core around 6/10.

My comments from "Kid Gone Astray" apply here, too -- I think there are definitely worse songs still in play, both from this album and from Adrian's other bands, and I'm surprised to see this one exit so early.

Comments:
Noooo! You Could Be A King was eliminated! Not enough love for it.
I think You Could Be a King sounds like one of the lesser works by Bryan Springsteen (or Bruce Adams).
A little twangy with a hint of cheese, but that chorus definitely sticks in your head.
The chorus of You Could Be a King is one of the melodies that totally grabbed me. One of the catchiest things on the album actually - and it is very lighthearted.
This was probably my favorite last time I heard the album, and I still like it now.

Votes:
10 - 0
9 - 1
8 - 2
7 - 2
6 - 4
5 - 2
4 - 0
3 - 2
2 - 0
1 - 0

Overall:
72. You Could Be A King
73. Kid Gone Astray

74. (Can't) Wait
75. Just Like A Woman
76. Blood Brothers
77. School Days
78. Need Somebody
79. Get Up And Get Out
80. Madman
81. Little Girl

82. Mooncusser

Albums:
Silver And Gold 2/10
Limited Releases 4/20
B-sides 5/9

The next song in the countdown will be another regular album track, but from a different album. Any guesses?

71. As Tears Come Falling From The Sky
Primal Rock Rebellion
Average Score: 6.13/10
Awoken Broken 1/12

This is the first track to fall from Awoken Broken, which isn't all that surprising since it's a spoken word track instead of a song. I honestly expected this one to go before any other track from the main albums or collaborations did, and that was almost the case (if it hadn't been for that vagrant child and wannabe monarch)...

Comments:
Oooh, I like it.
Interesting poetic intermezzo. I am not that impressed by the selection of the words but the way Mikee Goodman does all this is pretty cool. Quite original.
Kinda cool, but I don't care quite that much about those things behind windows, behind curtains, behind windows, behind curtains.
I really can't say there is a single song that is weaker that the rest [...] apart from As Tears Come Falling from the Sky, which I'm not even sure is a song.
As Tears Come Falling From the Sky.... Lets just say I'll more than likely be skipping over that one or leaving it off my ipod :p.

Votes:
10 - 0
9 - 2
8 - 0
7 - 1
6 - 2
5 - 2
4 - 0
3 - 0
2 - 1
1 - 0

Overall:
72. You Could Be A King
73. Kid Gone Astray

74. (Can't) Wait
75. Just Like A Woman
76. Blood Brothers
77. School Days
78. Need Somebody
79. Get Up And Get Out
80. Madman
81. Little Girl

82. Mooncusser

Albums:
Silver And Gold 2/10
Awoken Broken 1/12
Limited Releases 4/20
B-sides 5/9

70. Last Goodbye
Psycho Motel
Average Score: 6.13/10
B-sides 6/9

This B-side from State Of Mind wasn't exactly a stunner, but I and others felt it was better than at least some of the tracks on the final album. Apparently a couple of you strongly disagreed, and that was enough to take it out at #70.

Comments:
This song has some appealing parts and an interesting chorus, but it never quite gets off the ground.
Better than most of the album and should've been included instead of some of those songs.

Votes:
10 - 1
9 - 1
8 - 0
7 - 1
6 - 3
5 - 0
4 - 0
3 - 1
2 - 1
1 - 0

Overall:
70. Last Goodbye
72. You Could Be A King
73. Kid Gone Astray

74. (Can't) Wait
75. Just Like A Woman
76. Blood Brothers
77. School Days
78. Need Somebody
79. Get Up And Get Out
80. Madman
81. Little Girl

82. Mooncusser

Albums:
Silver And Gold 2/10
Awoken Broken 1/12
Limited Releases 4/20
B-sides 6/9

69. The Late Show
Urchin
Average Score: 6.25/10
Limited Releases 5/20

Another underwhelming Urchin track bites the dust. There are a few nice bits here, but nothing particularly memorable. Needless to say, you can count me out for "The Late Show"...

Comments:
I know I didn't pick The [Late] Show last time but I relistened to it and it's kind [of] on my "it's ok but not as good as the others" list.
The pre-chorus and chorus are both pretty lame. The melodic synth break is alright, and the solo is pretty decent. The harmonized guitar bit that follows isn't very interesting.

Votes:
10 - 0
9 - 0
8 - 1
7 - 1
6 - 0
5 - 2
4 - 0
3 - 0
2 - 0
1 - 0

Overall:
69. The Late Show
70. Last Goodbye
72. You Could Be A King
73. Kid Gone Astray

74. (Can't) Wait
75. Just Like A Woman
76. Blood Brothers
77. School Days
78. Need Somebody
79. Get Up And Get Out
80. Madman
81. Little Girl

82. Mooncusser

Albums:
Silver And Gold 2/10
Awoken Broken 1/12
Limited Releases 5/20
B-sides 6/9

68. Wishing Your Life Away
A.S.A.P.
Average Score: 6.38/10
Silver And Gold 3/10

Silver And Gold continues to take a beating, losing its third track on the countdown before we even exit the bottom 20.

I think there's a lot to like about this song unless you just hate '80s synth. It has a few weaknesses, but nothing too major. No one rated this song below a 4/10, but the glut of 6/10 votes combined with a few stronger detractors ultimately sealed this track's fate.

I prayed that tomorrow would come for this song, but it looks like I'll be crying my tears today...

Comments:
I quite like Wishing Your Life Away...
I like that lead synth. OK verse, nice pre-chorus, good catchy chorus. Vocals are a little uneven, and the solos are a bit odd.
Good, but probably the most "paint-by-numbers" song here. Still better than "Misunderstood".
Wishing Your Life Away reminds me of one day fly Paul King [...] Same humpty dumpty chorus.

Votes:
10 - 1
9 - 1
8 - 1
7 - 1
6 - 6
5 - 1
4 - 2
3 - 0
2 - 0
1 - 0

Overall:
69. The Late Show
70. Last Goodbye
72. You Could Be A King
73. Kid Gone Astray

74. (Can't) Wait
75. Just Like A Woman
76. Blood Brothers
77. School Days
78. Need Somebody
79. Get Up And Get Out
80. Madman
81. Little Girl

82. Mooncusser

Albums:
Silver And Gold 3/10
Awoken Broken 1/12
Limited Releases 5/20
B-sides 6/9

67. Lifetime
Urchin
Average Score: 6.50/10
Limited Releases 6/20

Taken in a vacuum, this Urchin track would actually be pretty good, minus its weak chorus. Unfortunately, the song also blatantly rips off Foreigner's "Feels Like The First Time", and it did so within just a year or two of the original song's release. Not cool, Adrian.

Comments:
I wish I could say it "Feels Like The First Time" I've heard this intro, but that would be a lie. Good verse, pretty good pre-chorus, but kind of a flaccid chorus.
beautiful harmonised parts

Votes:
10 - 0
9 - 0
8 - 1
7 - 1
6 - 1
5 - 1
4 - 0
3 - 0
2 - 0
1 - 0

Overall:
67. Lifetime
69. The Late Show
70. Last Goodbye
72. You Could Be A King
73. Kid Gone Astray

74. (Can't) Wait
75. Just Like A Woman
76. Blood Brothers
77. School Days
78. Need Somebody
79. Get Up And Get Out
80. Madman
81. Little Girl

82. Mooncusser

Albums:
Silver And Gold 3/10
Awoken Broken 1/12
Limited Releases 6/20
B-sides 6/9

66. Fighting Man
A.S.A.P.
Average Score: 6.50/10
B-sides 7/9

This track from the A.S.A.P. "Silver And Gold" single is pretty strong, especially for a B-side. It's fitting that it's one of the last B-sides to fall. A respectable finish for a respectable song.

Comments:
Oh wow, I like this one a lot!
Great verses and solos, but the chorus is a little weak.
Hadn't heard Fighting Man before.
Nice solo, but I can see why it was a b-side

Votes:
10 - 1
9 - 1
8 - 0
7 - 3
6 - 3
5 - 4
4 - 0
3 - 0
2 - 0
1 - 0

Overall:
66. Fighting Man
67. Lifetime
69. The Late Show
70. Last Goodbye
72. You Could Be A King
73. Kid Gone Astray

74. (Can't) Wait
75. Just Like A Woman
76. Blood Brothers
77. School Days
78. Need Somebody
79. Get Up And Get Out
80. Madman
81. Little Girl

82. Mooncusser

Albums:
Silver And Gold 3/10
Awoken Broken 1/12
Limited Releases 6/20
B-sides 7/9

The next song in the countdown is another regular album track. Any guesses as to what it might be...?

65. World's On Fire
Psycho Motel
Average Score: 6.56/10
State Of Mind 1/10

@Diesel 11 was in the ballpark, but his song mentions are apparently no longer instant death!

Psycho Motel's State Of Mind suffers its first loss here, but this is definitely one of the worst songs on the album, IMO. I'm actually surprised it wasn't eliminated sooner, since I think it's worse than anything on Silver And Gold. But a number of you obviously disagree, and one of you even gave it a 10/10! Amazing.

Regardless, "World's On Fire" just took me by the hand and got blown straight into the promised land. Good riddance.

Comments:
This is bordering on thrash. Wow.
incredibly lame vocals (the pre-chorus of "World's on Fire")
Cool intro, but the verse is blah, the pre-chorus is lame, and the chorus is merely OK. Nice instrumental break, and a cool solo and guitar outro, but otherwise this song fails to impress.

Votes:
10 - 1
9 - 0
8 - 1
7 - 3
6 - 1
5 - 2
4 - 1
3 - 0
2 - 0
1 - 0

Overall: