ADRIAN SMITH SURVIVOR 2013, PART 1: Results -> Tortured Tone wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Little Girl
Need Somebody
You Could Be A King
Blood Brothers
Fighting Man
School Days

I think You Could Be a King sounds like one of the lesser works by Bryan Springsteen (or Bruce Adams). I miss grabbing melodies and it lacks some of the tension other songs have. A tender light work. I do like the couplets though.

Bryan Springsteen? You mean Bryan Adams or Bruce Springsteen? :p (ASAP probably sounds more like Adams if I had to choose)

In contrast, to me, the chorus of You Could Be a King is one of the melodies that totally grabbed me. One of the catchiest things on the album actually - and it is very lighthearted. Most of the other songs just kinda anonymously washed over me but the chorus of You Could Be a King totally stuck from first listen.

The thing I like about it the most is the light hearted, upbeat nature of it and it doesn't hurt that the chorus is catchy too. Out of all the songs on the album, that one gets stuck in my head the most and it appears to have most plays on my iPod from that album. :D I think it's safe to say it's my favorite.

Yea. Well granted I do need to give everything a spin again but I think that is what I like about it too. It is a fun little upbeat track in the middle of all these slower moving, keyboard layered tracks that takes ages to develop...And some of them ending up going nowhere really.This song is just a 3 minute rocker, great craftsmanship, cut the fat, verse, great chorus, verse kinda of track. Back to basics and it really is one of the more "fun" tracks to listen to straight off the bat. I could live without the keyboard intro though which is really unnecessary except for getting the song started but its just a few seconds so I guess its alright ;)

Well said. :yes: I agree about the keyboard in the beginning but I can easily get past it to hear the wonderful rest of the song. :D

Indeed Bryan Adams (it also reminds me of the happy/gospelic Bruce Springsteen), but I know a few Bryan Adams songs that I like better.

Nice you guys like it. Certainly bottom half material for me and I am very glad that it is not representative for the album. The chorus puts me off. Too light, too much country/rock. Also, the melody has a vibe of "everything is going to be alright" that doesn't fit well to how I feel at the moment.
It feels like there's nothing under the surface.

By the way, I suddenly hear something else in it:

La la la la la la la la la la la...
(...la la la la la la la la la Lola! Lo lo lo lo lo Lola)
;)

SURVIVOR_RULES_004.jpg

Eliminated:
Blood Brothers - 8 votes
School Days - 8 votes
Fighting Man - 6 votes
You Could Be A King - 4 votes

Last edited:
Back