ADRIAN SMITH SURVIVOR 2013, PART 1: Results -> Tortured Tone wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
I've found this one difficult too. There's a few I was ready to give the boot to, then came across a sweet solo.
I picked up on one or two bits where I thought I heard some Pink Floyd influence. But then I see Pink Floyd in practically everything.

Hmm, I am the only one voting for Rock 'N' Roll Woman?
Come on guys, what a boring song. Pale and repetitive. Dull solo. It's very different from the rest because it follows standard rock and roll / blues schedules. Very awkward if that would be loved the most by fans. I am sure Adrian would have mixed feelings himself if he knew. I don't feel it represents the melodic side Urchin stood for.

It used to be one of my least favourite songs but I have recently come to appreciate blues more than I used to and this has made me like the song more. It's certainly very straight-forward blues but overall it not that bad. I'll vote for it in the next round though.

Ha ha hahahaha!
Now I made a fool of myself here. I heard it again and thought it's so bad that I thought I voted for it myself.
Looks like this one (and some others that I left alone) will get my vote next round.

The Latest Show
Lifetime
Life In The City
Countdown
Little Girl
Madman
Need Somebody
Steal My Heart
Suicide

Little Girl has a very neatly instrumental section. Actually I feel it has more different chord schemes than in the average Urchin song. Not per se the best song overall, but I thought this aspect should be mentioned.

SURVIVOR_RULES_004.jpg

Eliminated:
Get Up & Get Out - 7 votes
Steal My Heart - 6 votes
Watch Me Walk Away - 5 votes
Life In The City - 5 votes
Madman - 5 votes

Last edited:
The Late Show
Keep It Mellow
Don't Ask Me

I know I didn't pick The Last Show last time but I relistened to it and it's kind on my "it's ok but not as good as the others" list.

Rock 'N' Roll Woman
See Right Through You
Keeping It Mellow
Don't Ask Me
Little Girl
Need Somebody

Rock'n Roll Woman
The Late Show
Lifetime
Keeping It Mellow
Don't Ask Me
Little Girl