Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

It's very possible that H wanted a master volume, so they placed it behind the bridge. From what I've seen from bootlegs, he is using that pot as a volume control.

I'm not sure if that is necessarily a volume control. This video (around 0:28) seems relevant for the purpose of that pot. When switched at maximum level, it appears to activate the guitar tone, while when it is at minimum, the MIDI sound takes control.

As a note, my knowledge on MIDI stuff is close to zero, so the above might be non-sense.

I'm not sure if that is necessarily a volume control. This video (around 0:28) seems relevant for the purpose of that pot. When switched at maximum level, it appears to activate the guitar tone, while when it is at minimum, the MIDI sound takes control.

As a note, my knowledge on MIDI stuff is close to zero, so the above might be non-sense.

It's the magnetic side master volume. Case solved. MIDI sound is always present, because H is standing on the Hold button on his Synth pedalboard.

So when H solos -> he hits a chord, steps on the Hold button on his synth pedaloard, opens the magnetic volume and solos over synth chord.

It's the magnetic side master volume. Case solved. MIDI sound is always present, because H is standing on the Hold button on his Synth pedalboard.

So when H solos -> he hits a chord, steps on the Hold button on his synth pedaloard, opens the magnetic volume and solos over synth chord.

Thanks, that makes sense. This is probably why Adrian did not move around at all.

The MIDI cable was also quite short & nobody but Roland were making them. That's also why he probably wasn't able to move very far. Plus, he's Adrian Smith.

N
It looks like an early 80's 1962 reissue whith his standard setup. I think it was used sometimes during World Slavery Tour.

No, that is a real pre-cbs strat. The strat reissues in the 80’s had incorrect narrow spacing of the fret markets at the 12th fret. The guitar he is holding has the 12th fret markers properly lined up and centered under the A and B strings.

The narrow fret markets werenot corrected on the reissues until the late 90’s.

N

No, that is a real pre-cbs strat. The strat reissues in the 80’s had incorrect narrow spacing of the fret markets at the 12th fret. The guitar he is holding has the 12th fret markers properly lined up and centered under the A and B strings.

The narrow fret markets werenot corrected on the reissues until the late 90’s.
Then it's a 60-63 Strat. Thanks for the info.

Cool pic of Adrian and his 12string Ovation.

His beard style (and photo quality) suggests it's from a recent tour, rather than from Bruce's solo years.

Attachments

• 48412654_2146965462286505_41557051289108480_n.jpg
    48412654_2146965462286505_41557051289108480_n.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 35
Cool pic of Adrian and his 12string Ovation.

His beard style (and photo quality) suggests it's from a recent tour, rather than from Bruce's solo years.

And he also used a yellow one in Wacken 2016.

Attachments

• 4-Adrian-Smith-iron-maiden-guitarist-wacken-open-air-concerrt.png
    4-Adrian-Smith-iron-maiden-guitarist-wacken-open-air-concerrt.png
    274.5 KB · Views: 34
He used 3 Ovations during this tour.

P.S. I already posted this pic. This is where I got the Jackson serials :p.

It seems Adrian really have (used for warm up) that guitar..... from John McMurtrie (Maiden's photographer since SBIT tour) Instagram ->>>

https://www.instagram.com/johnmcmurtrie666/

View attachment 8131

Please read the whole topic (I think I spoke about this guitar before). This is H's Florida strat. It was used during Running Free in 2011 there and resides in Nicko's house. When H jams with Nicko he uses this guitar (see Nicki's 6pth birthday jam).

Please read the whole topic (I think I spoke about this guitar before). This is H's Florida strat. It was used during Running Free in 2011 there and resides in Nicko's house. When H jams with Nicko he uses this guitar (see Nicki's 6pth birthday jam).

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Great. I'm really happy that I've found a good picture of Adrian with that guitar. :)

Just seen this pic. Not sure if it's been added to Dave's list anywhere....

Actually really glad I found this, thought I'd been going crazy, as I was sure I'd seen Dave play an SG somewhere

Attachments

• 49211360_2155916038058114_3763517504605913088_n.jpg
    49211360_2155916038058114_3763517504605913088_n.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 30
Just seen this pic. Not sure if it's been added to Dave's list anywhere....

Actually really glad I found this, thought I'd been going crazy, as I was sure I'd seen Dave play an SG somewhere

I think that's from the back of the Killers LP

Back