2014 Tour Rumours

It was pretty underwhelming and flat-looking without any giant iceberg props on stage, IMO. And the original had all that sweet underlighting flanking and in front of the drum riser.

I always found those icebergs quite Spinal Tap. To be honest, I prefer the 2012-2013 stage show than the 1988 one.

I would be stunned if they played 'The Angel and the Gambler', but it might be good fun! :p Perun has already suggested that a 90s-themed setlist would be similar to the tracklist of 'From Fear to Eternity'.

If they were to use "From fear to eternity" as a template, that would be more of a noughties history tour than a 90s history tour.

What I like about a (with all respect) "rumour Maiden" site like Maiden Revelations is that there is this slight chance that Rod or anyone else in Maiden's environment could be aware of it (remember the Majesty of Gaia hoax, which started on a mini forum with only a couple of users, and which was taken way to seriously). Let them know how predictable their actions are, or how people "think" how they can look into them. Let them be motivated to surprise us.

Reading/Leeds are going to make their first announcement in December. I still don't think Maiden's likely, personally, but who knows.

It's not like Reading & Leeds to announce before Christmas. They usually wait until the end of March. Perhaps they have Maiden, Metallica and Sabbath leaving Sonisphere with Arctic Monkeys, The Killers and Kasabian.

https://twitter.com/Sonisphere/statuses/403939404081016832

So this could be up to seven dates locked in for Iron Maiden plus Hellfest (if there's a French Sonisphere I don't think that Maiden will headline).
Interesting. They will be announcing at least one band before Christmas, says their twitter, and Wacken will be announcing a band per day from Dec. 1-24. With those, plus the Hellfest thing, it looks like Dec. 4 could be a very big day for Maiden!

Im not the one to dislike rumors as im a huge football fan and read the gossip column on the BBC site everyday. But the phrase "be quick or be dead" is a very common and ive seen it used for a load of announcement style things before, im not saying its not a hint at 90s Maiden tour but i wouldnt be shocked if its not as its a pretty generic phrase. However, the date are aligning for a huge announcement for either Maiden, Metallica, Rush or ACDC in my opinion. Metallica need money as they lost a load from the 3D film, Rush/ACDC are both hitting 40 next year and would be fitting for the festivals mention and obviously Maiden have been rumored for pretty much every festival. Im not saying its no for Maiden but there are a few huge bands that have reasons to tour, and as far as i can think Maiden dont have one unless their set on doing the 90s period which is what everyone is assuming.
As for would Maiden fit headlining Readling/Leeds, the answer is yes. The weekend camping tickets rarely sell out anyway, the day ticket sales make up for it and they will get a load of day tickets from Maiden fans. I saw them in 2005 at leeds doing the early days tour where the only single hits they played were RTTH TNOTB and Trooper and they had the biggest crowd at the festival according to reports and pictures. A 90s Maiden set at that sort of festival would go down a treat when you think of the hits maiden could play. Slaughter, RTTH, TNOTB, Trooper, 2mtm, FOTD, CIPWM, Waster Years also in Britain Iron Maiden are popular with kids again more than usual, i was in centre of Manchester today and saw a lot of Maiden shirts.

I don't doubt Maiden would be well received at Reading/Leeds, but it's two months after Hellfest. That would be a much longer tour than we were expecting.

I don't doubt Maiden would be well received at Reading/Leeds, but it's two months after Hellfest. That would be a much longer tour than we were expecting.

True and the Sonisphere one is only a couple of weeks after Hellfest. But i dont think we can say for 100% certain Maiden are nailed on Hellfest headliners, no one officially knows and like ive said before "be quick or be dead" is a pretty generic line. As if Maiden do Hellfest and then Wacken theres a 2 month gap anyway, as Hellfest is in June and Wacken is in August. I do think either Maiden or Metallica will be doing this Sonisphere gigs, and with the last one being headlined by Metallica im guessing itl be Maiden. I just dont think we can say things are certain because if we say Maiden do Hellfest, Sonispheres and Wacken where does that leave bands like Metallica who will be doing fetivals next year, ACDC who have said theyre going to tour next year in celebration of 40 years and same with Rush.

At first i was completely certain that Maiden will tour next year but after thinking im not so sure. There would be no reason and doing this 90s history tour so soon after Maiden England might be a bit of a gamble, like Metallica have been flamed for not going into the studio Maiden probably would. Then we got bands who have said theyre touring or need to tour (in Metallicas case) and are simply too big not to be the main attraction at a festival. At this moment in time im no longer expecting Maiden to tour, im just trying to figure out if they did tour how would you fit it in with other bands who have said they're going to. I mean do we really think Sonisphere could afford a headling package of ACDC or Metallica, Maiden and some newish band like Biffy Clyro again or Nickleback.

Im just speculating, Maiden are my favorite band by far id see them if they played in UK next year and id be excited for it. But with all the bands that have many reasons to tour and pretty big reasons at that, where would Maiden fit into it with a tour that could probably be a gamble. I think they take next summer off and tour sometime in Winter, but then again maybe im thinking too much into other bands. If Maiden do Wacken id put them as Reading/Leeds headliners rather than Sonisphere, if Maiden arent headlinging Wacken id put them for Rock Am Ring and Sonisphere gigs. If i was to give my honest opinion on the rumors after thinking about it, i think the announcement could let a lot of us down who have been told its Maiden.

Last edited:
MaidenFC666, mate, would you be kind enough to use paragraphs in your posts? Makes it very hard to read this way.

I'll bet anything that they're headlining Hellfest. Yeah, 'Be Quick or be Dead' is a fairly common phrase but it's also an Iron Maiden song. So why would Hellfest use the title of an Iron Maiden song from the 90s (when the band is strongly rumoured to be doing a 90s-themed tour) other than to hint heavily than Iron Maiden will be headlining? MaidenFC666, I have a feeling that you're the King of Pessimists or you're being contrary for the sake of being contrary.

Back