2014 Tour Rumours

/late

The download lineup.. not surprised no Maiden, 2 years in a row isn't too common. I've been to see Aerosmith at Download before and enjoyed it, but there was always more than just 1-2 bands on the day I wanted to see, if Quo were on the same day I'd be more likely (Alter Bridge, Quo, Aerosmith), and there are a few other bands I'd pop along to if there but that have no actual relevance to a decision to go or not. As it looks atm, I shan't be going.

As per a post on Rock n Roll Ribs' FB page, there's going to be a party at the restaurant on Dec 14th, and Nicko will be MCing as well as performing with McBrain Damage. Hopefully he lets a few words slip about Maiden's future plans, as everyone else in the band seems to have been quiet since the tour ended.

I figured this should go in the rumours thread as I've lifted it from the Sonisphere forums where it was lifted from the Download forums. Apparently this was on www.ticketfactory.co.uk but has been taken down and no screen shot was taken:

Sonisphere tickets are on sale Monday 5:30pm!!

Sonisphere returns to make history with Iron Maiden & Metallica headlining together for the first time ever in the UK

CELEBRATING 40 YEARS OF ROCK AT KNEBWORTH

Iron Maiden and Metallica, the two biggest metal bands on the planet, will make history this summer when they co-headline the Sonisphere Festival in Knebworth, the very first time both bands have appeared together on a British bill, and the ONLY CONCERTS EITHER BAND WILL PLAY IN THE UK IN 2014.

Both Metallica and Iron Maiden headlined their first ever Knebworth concerts under the Sonisphere banner and now these giants of the world stage return together to fly the Sonisphere flag once more; bigger and bolder than ever before. For the first time ever fans will have the chance to see both bands come together to head up what will surely make for one of the most historic festival bills in heavy rock music.

It could just be someone on the Download forums trolling everyone to be honest. We'll know a little more in less than 90 minutes.

It's going to be two headliners announced today, according to Sonisphere tweets. I wonder if they'll say which days?

Well it seems that it is Maiden England 3rd round...
1460312_10151761563227051_1114372952_n.jpg
[edit] Oh it seems there was another thread already... Awkward [/edit]

Back