2014 Tour Rumours

True and the Sonisphere one is only a couple of weeks after Hellfest. But i dont think we can say for 100% certain Maiden are nailed on Hellfest headliners, no one officially knows and like ive said before "be quick or be dead" is a pretty generic line.
Well, no, we can't say for certain, but having Maiden confirmed by Zegut (a radio personality) who A. has been right on the money in his predictions for Hellfest in past years and B. actually works for Hellfest booking acts is a pretty big indicator. Not to mention, the organizer of Hellfest was watching Maiden at Rock In Rio this fall, and posted the picture on Facebook saying "I have to admit, they would be pretty classy.."

At first i was completely certain that Maiden will tour next year but after thinking im not so sure. There would be no reason and doing this 90s history tour so soon after Maiden England might be a bit of a gamble, like Metallica have been flamed for not going into the studio Maiden probably would. Then we got bands who have said theyre touring or need to tour (in Metallicas case) and are simply too big not to be the main attraction at a festival. At this moment in time im no longer expecting Maiden to tour, im just trying to figure out if they did tour how would you fit it in with other bands who have said they're going to. I mean do we really think Sonisphere could afford a headling package of ACDC or Metallica, Maiden and some newish band like Biffy Clyro again or Nickleback.
Maiden are touring next year. I'm sure between Hellfest, Sonisphere, Rock Am Ring, Reading, Wacken, and other festivals, there will be plenty of gigs to go around for all the biggest names in rock. Not to mention, some of the bands you mention who "are touring or need to tour" may be playing standalone shows, or a combination of those and festival gigs.

I think they take next summer off and tour sometime in Winter, but then again maybe im thinking too much into other bands. If Maiden do Wacken id put them as Reading/Leeds headliners rather than Sonisphere, if Maiden arent headlinging Wacken id put them for Rock Am Ring and Sonisphere gigs. If i was to give my honest opinion on the rumors after thinking about it, i think the announcement could let a lot of us down who have been told its Maiden.
Rod said in the latest FC mag that Maiden like to tour every summer at least to keep from getting rusty. They may do a winter tour as well, but I guarantee they'll be on the road in May or June.

I dont mean to come off as a pessimist but years of football gossip gets you to look deep into whats going on. I do think it could be Maiden im just not overly sure its them like a lot of people seem to be. I dont want to say it has to be them because of the tag line and what a DJ who yeah may be reliable but its still not confirmed from sites. In the past offical people have got it wrong, Vodafone got it wrong with Pearl Jam and DL 2012, Guillem Balague got a lot of Football transfers in Spain wrong yet has a lot of sources and im pretty certain magazines and radio shows have got a lot of things wrong in the past. Maiden dont have to tour, and it does actually go against the tried and tested method of touring as the only reason they have to tour is to do the 90s history which means filming the DVD for it and retouching concert footage. Im not saying its definitely not them, but im not saying its definitely them. I understand that people on here will, and that i may come over as an a** hole but im not lol. Until theres official word anything can happen, people make mistakes and bands change minds. Just like Vodafone with PJ, this guy could of got Maiden wrong. Its a if, however id like to point one thing out, as a Maiden fan i will be sat here 4th December excited just incase. I apologize if i come off as negative, but there have been mess ups like this in the past. In my eyes, im 60% certain its Maiden. Its good to have a source whose extremely close with the festival, but this sorta thing has happened before and i still think Maiden may keep the 90s tour till after the album.

I don't think Maiden would miss the european festivals. From a business point of view, it's still a great opportunity to test things and avoid getting rusty, as Lego said. The best thing would be new material plus warm up for a full scale world tour, if they aren't going to continue with the historical tours.

Well Steve is a West Ham United fan, so they won't have any big games any time soon. He's also English, and it's not likely that Iron Maiden will have to cancel any shows for Steve to watch England play in the World Cup Final. :p

Amongst all this speculation, can anyone throw a few dates around as to when all these festivals are, etc. I'm about to put all of my holidays in for 2014 & would like an idea of when exactly all these things are likely, Maiden playing them or not. Any ideas or anything already firm?

We'll probably know in about a week, given it would be a little strange for Hellfest to announce Maiden without Maiden announcing the tour.

Isn't that how the Final Frontier tour was announced? There wasn't a formal tour announcement at first, just festival dates here and there.

The reason I expect a load of dates to be announced in one go is that Hellfest will be announcing on the 4th and it seems like Sonisphere UK is announcing at about the same time. Sonisphere also has six or seven other location around Europe and they tend to share headliners so it would make sense for Sonisphere to announce most of their headliners at the same time.

Isn't that how the Final Frontier tour was announced? There wasn't a formal tour announcement at first, just festival dates here and there.
You're absolutely right, I'd forgotten. I believe Sonisphere UK was announced in December, and the rest of the tour in March. Hmm...

However, what with the Maiden England summer 2012 tour being announced fairly early (Jan. or Feb. if I recall) I wouldn't be surprised if they announced this tour similarly soon.

Download Festival announced all three of their headliners for this year's festival in September last year. I've no idea when the rest of the Maiden England tour was announced though

Here are some dates for the festivals that are being thrown around, itl also help speculation as to which festivals Maiden could do.
Sonisphere UK - 4th-6th July
Wacken - 31st july - 2nd August
Reading/Leeds - 22nd - 24th August
Hellfest - 20th - 22nd June

I dont know if the dates for the other Sonispheres have been announced but heres some dates for a few festivals Madien have done before
Rock am Ring - 6th - 8th June
Rock Werchter - 3rd - 6th July
Pukkelpop - 14th - 16th August
Roskilde - 29th June - 6th July
Graspop - 27th - 29th June

I know theres more but some i couldnt find 2014 dates for. Add in some stadium dates in places in Scandinavia and Eastern Europe between festivals or before and youl have a rough idea of what the tour dates will be.

Download Festival announced all three of their headliners for this year's festival in September last year. I've no idea when the rest of the Maiden England tour was announced though
Maiden announced ME 2013 on 9/20/2012, same day as the Download announcement.

Well, I've been digging around the Hellfest forums, and a French Iron Maiden forum. Using a combination of my (somewhat rusty) French and Google Translate, here's what I've got:

The guy who runs this site seems to be positive that Maiden are continuing the Maiden England tour next year: http://www.maidenforum.com/t15403-iron-maiden-france-2014-2-shows-seraient-prevus
I haven't found anything to corroborate this, however, and don't know if he's a reliable source.

Meanwhile, the mods at the Hellfest forum have said "The "Be Quick Or Be Dead" in the HF poster speaks for itself :D ", and that the announcement on Dec. 4 will be a huge one, they specifically used the phrase "publicity stunt". http://www.hellfest.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13473&p=70

Someone also uncovered this poster of the supposed HF2014 lineup not including Maiden, but one of the mods (who apparently authored it) said it was just a draft from August, and that most of the bands hadn't been confirmed yet and thus it was not accurate.
q2gx.png

So, basically we still know nothing, and I have far too much time on my hands. :D

Back