18th Studio Album discussion

The Search For More Money.

I saw a study in which ticket prices were calculated per minute of concert duration to make a "price-performance ratio".
(Source: Jeff Bet analysed data from Pollstar and Setlist.fm from 2019 to 2023)

Very expensive:
1) Bruno Mars 2.19 $ per minute
2) U2 2.12 $ per minute
3) Drake 1.81 $ per minute
4) The Rolling Stones 1.78 $ per minute
53) Metallica 0.84 $ per minute
62) Rammstein 0.78 $ per minute
83) Iron Maiden 0.67 $ per minute

I saw a study in which ticket prices were calculated per minute of concert duration to make a "price-performance ratio".

Very expensive:
2) U2 2.12 $ per minute
Really depends on which ticket prices they chose. For Taylor Swift for example if you take the cheapest prices you get 0.63€ per minute. The most expensive on the other hand brings it up to 3.33€ per minute.

Also, I think they might've overestimated the length of Maiden's shows a bit on setlist.fm a bit, which would also change the results.

Very expensive:
2) U2 2.12 $ per minute
TBH Rammstein is the cheapest as at least 50% of those cents are burned each minute.

Btw, here's the study:

They put the average ticket price for Maiden at $76 which explains the 0.67 ratio. Here in Germany the ticket prices for the last tour where in the 90 to 100€ range, which results in a 0.94-ish ratio instead.

Last edited:
Btw, here's the study:

They put the average ticket price for Maiden at $76 which explains the 0.67 ratio. Here in Germany the ticket prices for the last tour where in the 90 to 100€ range, which results in s 0.94-ish ratio instead.

I had to pay more than £80 to see them in London last year… Great show but very expensive at the same time.

Last edited:
You realize how bleak the possibility of album 18 is when you scroll through all the unrelated posts on this page :-(

You realize how bleak the possibility of album 18 is when you scroll through all the unrelated posts on this page :-(
Nah, the likelihood for a new album in the next couple of years is pretty high. It's just that they're in the middle of a tour/in the preparations for the other leg, so there's no time to record the album.

Since we have some new info, is another album likely?

I think yes, if they continue after 2026, which I think they will, although the new tour feels like a finale. My only concern is Nicko and the fact that on the new tour poster for next year both 2 years ahead are written (for the first time I think). So we can't be sure, but they usual follow History/Hits tour with a new album tour - for 2 years. But they have plans until 2026.

Maiden's tour next year will start in late May - that means if Bruce tours solo in the fall (should be right, he'll need some break and was rumored), they'll have early next year (tour ends in December, so Feb-April like for SJ) to record. Or early 2026, if Steve and Adrian aren't busy with their own solo projects, but Maiden comes first, again IF they want to record a new album. I think they still have a desire for new music.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Btw, on the back of the new Eddie's leather jacket in the video teaser we can see the black & white face of Eddie (on the poster too). Unless it's a nod to the early days (the mask) or POM Eddie, it reminds me a bit of The Writing On The Wall campaign. And the poster is on the wall in the tour poster, like it was in the 2020 poster.

Which part, exactly, of "there's nothing in the works" is not clear?

We shouldn't take statements like that too literally. There could be various strategies behind it: - Announcing a new album as a complete surprise and attracting all the more attention.
- In the case of Maiden, certainly also working undisturbed without the fans thinking that they will soon be gathering in Paris...

Steve could then still say in interviews, if he was asked about this statement, yes, back then, when this question was asked, there was nothing...

Back