18th Studio Album discussion

The Search For More Money.

I saw a study in which ticket prices were calculated per minute of concert duration to make a "price-performance ratio".
(Source: Jeff Bet analysed data from Pollstar and Setlist.fm from 2019 to 2023)

Very expensive:
1) Bruno Mars 2.19 $ per minute
2) U2 2.12 $ per minute
3) Drake 1.81 $ per minute
4) The Rolling Stones 1.78 $ per minute
53) Metallica 0.84 $ per minute
62) Rammstein 0.78 $ per minute
83) Iron Maiden 0.67 $ per minute

I saw a study in which ticket prices were calculated per minute of concert duration to make a "price-performance ratio".

Very expensive:
2) U2 2.12 $ per minute
Really depends on which ticket prices they chose. For Taylor Swift for example if you take the cheapest prices you get 0.63€ per minute. The most expensive on the other hand brings it up to 3.33€ per minute.

Also, I think they might've overestimated the length of Maiden's shows a bit on setlist.fm a bit, which would also change the results.

Very expensive:
2) U2 2.12 $ per minute
TBH Rammstein is the cheapest as at least 50% of those cents are burned each minute.

Btw, here's the study:

They put the average ticket price for Maiden at $76 which explains the 0.67 ratio. Here in Germany the ticket prices for the last tour where in the 90 to 100€ range, which results in a 0.94-ish ratio instead.

Last edited:
Btw, here's the study:

They put the average ticket price for Maiden at $76 which explains the 0.67 ratio. Here in Germany the ticket prices for the last tour where in the 90 to 100€ range, which results in s 0.94-ish ratio instead.

I had to pay more than £80 to see them in London last year… Great show but very expensive at the same time.

Last edited:
You realize how bleak the possibility of album 18 is when you scroll through all the unrelated posts on this page :-(

You realize how bleak the possibility of album 18 is when you scroll through all the unrelated posts on this page :-(
Nah, the likelihood for a new album in the next couple of years is pretty high. It's just that they're in the middle of a tour/in the preparations for the other leg, so there's no time to record the album.

Back