18th Studio Album discussion

I'm as pessimistic as I've ever been about another album happening.

I think real long term planning is potentially out the window now. They've said that they have plans up until 2026, which brings us to the end of this tour. If they're looking to go out in 2027 then planning for that would likely begin sometime next year, but Nicko's health is obviously a big concern. I think if he decides to step down then I suspect some members won't want to go on without him, and that would basically cause the band to wrap things up.

I know Steve has mentioned still doing albums after the end of the touring life of the band, but I just don't see it happening. Without a tour to support it they'd be essentially burning money to create a product that generates no income. Maiden is a business and brand as much as it's a band these days.

Everything is possible and likewise with the TWOTW-thing and so they had the most clever way to give hints on social media.
I really liked to participate and follow what ever they released under for Belshazzar's Feast.
Im pretty sure that there will be album #18 and it's being released in 2026.

With the announcement of the current tour my thinking is if we are to see another album then it will be 2027 at the earliest.

We know that this new tour will take them up to the end of 2026 and we know the set list will be based around the first 9 albums only.

This is what I think may happen. It’s a bit of a stretch but here’s my thoughts:

Future past tour finishes in December 2024. Shortly after the end of the tour we get an announcement of the future past live album with hopefully a special edition including a blu ray from the tour or at the very least a digital download a la book of souls live chapter. All in time for Xmas.

Then we get the new tour and then early 2027 possible new album followed by an announcement of the Run for your lives part 2 tour. The first tour covered the first 9 albums and the new tour covers the remaining 9 albums from x-factor up to the new album.

This would be a perfect way to bow out. 18 albums a tour covering the first 9 and second tour covering the remaining 9 albums. After the way they combined Senjutsu and SIT for future past this makes sense as no way will the do a new album in 2027 then a proper album tour like book of souls got as they don’t have the time and they certainly won’t end things on a new album tour it will have to be a greatest hits themed tour.

Yes, I said that too. 2025/26 part 1, 2027/28 part 2.

I don't believe the "It all will end soon" anymore.

Of course, they have to stay healthy. Accidents and health emergencies can thwart the best thought-out plans.

Neither of them are singing like they did 20 years ago…

@Vaenyr I summon you!

tenor.gif

Maybe gillan is OK considering he is 79yo.
This is the thing.

I don’t want to consider age and health into the performance.

Yes it's impressive given the age, but that doesn't mean it's good enough. And this always leads to fights and controversy (at least on the IMOC). But a subpar performance is still a subpar performance.

Back