18th Studio Album discussion

Please not the Wacken gig for a live release. It's cool to release festival gigs as a bonus on YouTube or something but an official release should be a dedicated recording from a headlining show. At least for me, it's one of my pet peeves.
Well, Metal Pilgrim (yeah, I know what you all think of him) was in Wacken last year and he said in a video that there were a lot of cameras, much more than usually in Wacken (that uses them for streamed shows). These cameras have been added by Iron Maiden to film the show. So, that's possible they used them for a future release on DVD and also on double-CD... IMHO...

Well, Metal Pilgrim (yeah, I know what you all think of him) was in Wacken last year and he said in a video that there were a lot of cameras, much more than usually in Wacken (that uses them for streamed shows). These cameras have been added by Iron Maiden to film the show. So, that's possible they used them for a future release on DVD and also on double-CD... IMHO...
To be honest, the Maiden show was amazing.

To be honest, the Maiden show was amazing.
I have no doubt about that. :) And even if I've never been in Wacken, I have some friends that went there last year too (and every year since 2010) and they also say that the crowd is always great too. :cool:

I have friends who went to the Maiden show, were around the middle to one of the sides and the crowd there was dead for most part of the show according to them. Seemed to be a pocket of the audience who didn't know the SNJ material, nor the SIT songs.

Just an anecdote though. The drones after the show were cool.

Wacken is better than nothing, but it was almost broad daylight during that show. Not a great mood for a live release. Maybe Steve can edit it to make it darker and black and white and super cuts everywhere patched in with visuals from other shows where each member has a different instrument every four seconds this is just one sentence still holy shit I should stop now.

Wacken is better than nothing, but it was almost broad daylight during that show. Not a great mood for a live release. Maybe Steve can edit it to make it darker and black and white and super cuts everywhere patched in with visuals from other shows where each member has a different instrument every four seconds this is just one sentence still holy shit I should stop now.
You know how people say Steve's songwriting has become bloated and needs editing? This is how I imagine he would write forum posts :D

I have friends who went to the Maiden show, were around the middle to one of the sides and the crowd there was dead for most part of the show according to them. Seemed to be a pocket of the audience who didn't know the SNJ material, nor the SIT songs.

Just an anecdote though. The drones after the show were cool.
That's because the audience were stuck in mud, nearly drowning.
Kevin Shirley is remixing Made in Japan with some special guest. I'm sure Maiden guys are the first ones to listening

View attachment 37990
Hey! That’s the guy Bruce vomited on.

Do you remember the interview in Classic Rock UK or Metal Hammer UK in march, when Bruce said the journalist that Maiden will have a meeting with Kevin Shirley in Sydney on early september of this year ? It's not only to see Maiden playing in Australia, it's also to talk about the business. Maybe about next year celebrations or, the most probable, about live recording of the Future Past tour in London or Wacken last year that Kevin Shirley has surely mixed and mastered. ;)
Aren't the last live videos from the tours not mixed by Kevin? They could meet with him to discuss recording the next album as well. Hope so.
I doubt they'll release the Wacken show (I don't want that, the footage looked great but it started during the daylight), but I assume they'll use footage from it for some songs/cuts.

Back